Heartache

Heartache. Yeah I know what it is.
But when he asked me, I lied. I lied through my teeth. I told him I’ve never felt heartache, so I couldn’t tell him that it was bad. And I lied well. He hadn’t the slightest clue.
I told him I’ve never been in a relationship so how am I supposed to know what breakups and heartache feels like, he believed me, and moved on to a new subject.
I hate that I lied. It’s true I’ve never been in a relationship, but I have felt heartache, and let me tell you, heartache is the worst feeling in the world.
It feels as if your heart has stopped beating, your lungs have stopped receiving oxygen, and your brain just stopped working.
It feels like everything you’ve ever worked for was for nothing, like you’ve lost everything, and that there is no reason left to be here.
Heartache feels worse then death. Heartache is a living nightmare; something that you wish never existed. Too bad it does.
Your heart feels as if it’s going to burst from the pain shooting through your body, like everything is going downhill, and there is no way to go back up.
It will always hurt.
And the funny thing is, he still doesn’t know.
He still doesn’t know that he causes this non stop pain that shoots through me at every minute. When I see him with my friend, I know there is no way out of this.
The boy that asked me a question, is the boy that caused my heartache.
And he’ll never find out.
May 17th, 2009 at 06:22am