They Say Jealousy's A Killer

Okay so as most of you know, I just had another incident with someone jocking my stuff. Yes, I know again. But you know what? I don’t even care anymore. People steal my coding for layouts all the time, and I know they do because I put certain things in my code that someone who didn’t know coding well enough would never pick up on. It doesn’t do anything to the layout of course, but it’s happened. I even know this girl who apparently ‘learned it herself for hours’ when really she learned how to copy mine. How do I know? Because the coding besides the color codings and images was the same. The best part about that. She has her own graphics site. Yeah, really awesome on her part, right? But you know what? I really don’t care anymore. I’ve had two people steal my writing, one girl who posted each of my stories as her own on jonasbrotherfanfiction and one on here who stole mine and christine’s summary. And honestly? I was pissed at first, but I realized something. I don’t care anymore. It has happened way too often. And somehow, it’s always me. I’m not even trying to sound conceited right now. But even Christine, Kathleen, and Katelyn noticed it. It always happens to me. But you know what? Whatever I do, it won’t stop people from stealing stuff from me.
And I mean, it’s all on them. I don’t get how people steal stuff, and actually feel good about themselves. Like if you’re stealing it for comments, does it matter? Because they aren’t commenting on your stuff. No, it’s someone else’s work that is being praised or criticized. And what do you get out of that? I mean this is a creative writing site, so write. People should let people read their own stuff, because it might actually be good. Or it might be bad. But it’s yours. And at the end of the day, it’s your work people are reading, not someone else’s. That’s why I never really understood stealing and jocking. Like if you get inspiration from someone’s work, and you want to write something LIKE it, awesome! But when you steal stuff word for word, they’re not YOUR words. Inspiring someone is really flattering, it is. I mean, people tell me that all the time, and it makes me happy to hear it. But then I see someone taking the ‘inspiration’ to another level, and it kind of just hurts. Cause it’s like my stuff inspires you, and you love it, and yet you want to steal it from me. I don’t know how to explain it – it just sucks to read your stuff under someone else’s name.
And so many people are like it's cause they are jealous. But honestly? Jealous of what? Can someone explain that to me? There are SO many better writers than me on here. I am really not that good. Yeah I get a lot of comments, but as I'm constantly telling you guys, you are insane for liking the stuff I write. I mean, want a really good writer? Read Diana's stuff. Or Mandie's. Or Ali's. Or Christine's. Or Kathleen's. Or Bethany's. Or Katelyn's. Or anyone else's. I mean I am so grateful that you guys read and comment my stuff. But I don't get why anyone would be jealous enough to steal my stuff (P.S. I'm not saying steal their stuff either haha) But yeah.
Seeing people take my stuff really just makes me want to just walk away from mibba and just not write anymore. But I love writing, and I love talking to everyone on here. But it just – I don’t know. I feel like why should I write anymore if someone is just going to steal it anyway? I don’t know.
But yeah, so this is basically my rant on stealing. Thanks for reading it. Also, thanks for everything guys. Like the people who always tell me when they see my stuff somewhere else. Thank you guys. And everyone who commented that girl on my behalf. You guys are beyond amazing. Love you!

-Devi
May 18th, 2009 at 08:00pm