Today I become an adult, Legally. [I love you mum!]

Yes, I cannot help but run about and scream, 'I'm 18 today!!!' It's just so exciting for me. I've been counting down the days till my birthday for ages!

However, the journal is not all about that, it's more about my mum. You see, my mum and I share the same birthday. [Lucky her, On her birthday she was in a labor room!] I actually think it's great! To me it's like a part of a bond we have together which makes me happy.

Well, when we were opening our cards my mum kept saying how bad she felt because she couldn't really afford to give me anything.

Hands down, right now I will truly say that I don't mind, honestly. As I've grown up in to the teen that I am, with every birthday I have noticed that i'd much rather just have a card and my closest friends and family around me.

I told her this and still she said she feels bad. Bless her. She has a heart of gold and to me it's more like; How can I give her something, not just because it's her birthday but because of everything she has ever done for me?!

I know mums can get on your nerves at times but I wouldn't swap her for the world. She is my rock and my definition of a hero because after all she's been through she can still smile and have a laugh with us.

So although she will not read this [because I am not telling her where I get my daily dose of seedy literature!] I just want to tell her 'Thank you,' and that 'I love you!!' very much so.

It's all sorted anyway cause we're going to go out to the pub later so I can order my very own first legal drink! [Yumm, JD and Coke will do for now!]

Opheliac. x x x <3.

P.S This is my first journal in a year today! Oh dear! I should post some more often...should I?
May 21st, 2009 at 10:51am