The Lambert Controversy needs to stop, now.

Yes, Adam Lambert did lose American Idol. Yes, I respect your opinion on him. But do I want to hear about it endlessly? No. All I've been hearing since last night, no matter where I go, is: "It's sooo unfair that he lost! It's probably just because he's gay, oh my god!!"

No, it probably isn't. Honestly, even the most dedicated bigot wouldn't obsessively call in to American Idol to make sure that he lost.

Maybe it's that the other guy was more talented? (Not that that's my personal opinion, I don't really watch American Idol; but I'm just saying, it's a possibility.) I mean, that's what American Idol is, right? A talent show?

And either way, it's not like Adam Lambert losing means he's going to drop completely off the face of the earth, and you'll never hear his music again. A runner-up popular enough to invoke this kind of b*tching and moaning about his having lost is obviously going to get a record contract from whatever company snatches him up first. So don't fret.

Honestly, I have no problem with you if you like him. (Personally, I find him annoying.) But please, please, stop whining about how he lost. I'm really quite tired of hearing it.

Aaaaaand, now I sound like a complete b*tch.
May 22nd, 2009 at 12:17am