Restriction to be honest

Okay, i'm not trashing on anyone in specific here, but..

First off, no where am i saying that i am the best writer on here.
I have flaws, grammatical errors, even sometimes vague writing. Great, i'm willing to admit that i suck at somethings on here.

With that out of the way, sadly i'm not the only one who has some improvement on writing. ALl that i see on here poetry wise, is "Blood, knives, razors, angst, pain, black, blah blah fucking blah".

What's up Mibbans? Are we runnng out of material to write about? Is angst on the menu fr the rest of the year? I'm personally sick and tired of reading the same thing from different writers, over and over and over. Either write some new stuff, or take a break, because if all of your journal entries consist of all that stuff i mentioned, all that you're doing is vomtting up these inner things, sucking it back down, choking, and spitting it back up, only now those intricate words are placed in diffrent places.

"My black heart bleeds red blood, the razor is sharp and cuts to the bone. OH the pain of being me!" now changes to "My painful heart bleeds black blood, the sharpness of the razor cuts to the bone, oh being me is pain!"

SO what is my beef? I know we can't harass or make fun of people on here, good rule to have. But what about constructive criticism? There have been so many times that i've wanted to tell a poet, "Hey, it needs work because it's extremely opague, vague, bland, and tasteless," but i'm sure i'd get hate mail and mibba would wag it's finger at me.
It's the same old song, no matter how many times you cover it.

ANd i'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings, far from it, i just want to be honest, brutally if need be to break them out of that stale mindset that all poetry has to be about PERSONAL PAIN. If you're going to write about PAIN, try writing about someone elses for a change?
THat homeless guy begging for change, the teen mother who is being talked into getting an abortion, the wounded soldier, just some examples.

I just thnk that if we ever want to improve, or help others improve, we should be able to be tactfully honest. I can take criticism, critique, and insults. As far as i'm concerned, if no one was ever disappointed in you, you'd never have any reason to improve. If the poem isn't a good one, tell them. All that you are doing, is sugar coating the pill.

Mibba needs to break out of this dreary overtone that poetry is about self hatred, broken homes, and ultimately TEEN ANGST.
May 23rd, 2009 at 12:39am