Effort

Dear Readers,

I was reading through some journal entries and noticed how in depth everyone seemed to be getting into their Mibba lives, and even outside that, and I've been taking into consideration spending more time writing in this. Truthfully, I've always found it odd for people to keep journals online, because I'm a little used to people not caring about anything except themsevles. There's a whole lot of things that are overlooked, like journal entries, so I guess I don't bother making an effort to speak out.

Today is my second day on Mibba, if I'm not mistaken. I want to thank everyone for their kind words of welcome. I don't think I've ever been in a more friendly community, to be honest. I'm still figuring out how everything works, and I'm working on making myself a more decent avatar, and trying to figure out how to work CSS to make a layout for my profile. If I'm right, I'll end up destroying everything by tomorrow. Coding never seems to cooperate with me, even if I'm simply trying to create a skin.

Outside of that, I have a picture of myself up, which is surprising, seeing that I'm normally really private about that kind of stuff. At least it covers most of my face, so if any stalkers are out there, they won't be able to find me. xD Not that I'm one of those people who are mortally afraid of people stalking, or murdering, or something along those lines. I might upload some of my better photographs for everyone to see, too, seeing that I went to Niagara last week. I have some pretty good shots I wouldn't mind uploading on here.

Oh! And stories, the whole point this site started to interest me. I'm currently working on a novel, not sure of the title yet. I've had the idea for a super long time, but I only started a few days ago. (You got to start somewhere!) I guess I'm a little nervous that someone is going to steal my work, so I'm a little hesitant about it all. But I'll be making an effort to put some of my poems on, maybe a few short stories I did for Creative Writing. Maybe I could put some scenes from my One Act in, too.

Thanks for reading, guys. Again, I really appreciate the warm welcome!

Yours truly,
~Anita

EDIT: EDIT: Darn. I just checked out the photo uploaded thingamajigger and noticed you can only upload personal photos. No offense to anyone, but that's one of the stupidest rules I've heard of in awhile. ><
May 23rd, 2009 at 04:08am