Death: Heaven & Hell

I've always wanted to know what it feels like to die, without actually dying. You know? Does it hurt? What do you think? How long after your heart stops beating do you live? Is there really a light to go into? What happens after?

I'm assuming that different religions have different ways of describing death. But, all cultures have something in common, the fact that death is a part of life. (Well, there's oxymoron for you)

Heaven and Hell are things that make me think. How does Heaven feel like? I've always pictured it as white, and cloudy, and people in white robes just kinda walking around. It doesn't sound normal, but it's what I picture.

Hell always seems like a red and black place. Like I always picture it as red, and fire all around, with a cartoon devil standing in the middle with a large smirk. While it's not funny, I can't help but giggle when I picture that particular devil.

What makes a person go to heaven or hell? If someone made a lot of mistakes, but had good intentions, do they go to heaven? Do they get sent to the holy angels if they hurt people they love, but their heart was in the wrong places? Does one get sent to hell if they make one terrible mistake, or believe something that is wrong? Do homosexuals go to hell even if they are a frequent volunteer to good charities?

Reincarnation is something else. Me and my friend were talking and she said, "I bet when you die, they tell you the meaning of life, then you get reincarnated, so that you have to figure it all out again." I think that's completely true.

All of these questions are well thought out, but I don't they will ever be answered.
May 23rd, 2009 at 05:13am