What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Dad Was A Cheat?

I live in a very small town in Yorkshire, England. Nothing happens here, apart from once a year we have a day to celebrate William Bradley, whom, at nearly 8ft tall, was a giant.

It's the day where me, my girlfriend and my parents go to watch local bands and have fun. And that's what we did to be quite honest; we had good fun.

And then everything got turned upside down.

It was after the town's events, but only by a couple of hours. My girlfriend and I were in my bedroom, and we decided to go downstairs to get a drink. Or maybe food, I don't remember. I went to see my mum, who at the time was in the conservatory. She was on the phone in tears. I thought it was because a year ago today (technically yesterday as it's 2:30am) her cat Gizmo died. Unfortunately I was very very wrong.

She said: "If you want to know what's wrong, read the computer screen."

So I looked at the computer screen, clicked on the 'emails' tab, and I think my heart stopped beating at the title of the message.

UR HUBBY IS A CHEAT!!!!!!!

[Sorry about the chat speak, that's just how it was.]

I went on to read the email. The person explained how my dad had been "sha**ing" a woman named Julie for years. The person also said, "ask anyone, they'll tell you."

I felt my eyes welling up and went straight upstairs, where I burst into tears.

I'm not afraid to admit it - I'm a daddy's girl. When something goes wrong, I run to dad. When I need help, I run to dad. The man I had looked up to for 15 years broke my mum's heart. And I just don't know what to do.

I had to go babysitting, so I forced back tears and tried to teach a ten-year-old the Hoedown Throwdown dance by Miley Cyrus.

My dad picked me up and I said: "How's mum?"

He replied: "She'll be okay. I hope it doesn't destroy us, though."

"It'll only be your own fault if it does."

Harsh reply, I know. But it's true, right? And now I just can't sleep or even think properly. I just don't have a clue about anything.

It's just destroyed me inside. It's the second time he's done it, the first was about six years ago.

In a way I want them to get a divorce - because I don't agree with what he's done, obviously - but in a way I don't.

Everything's f**ked up.
May 25th, 2009 at 03:34am