I say "I'm having fun" and you say, "You're a shopaholic".

Picture this. I'm at the latest clothing store admireing the cutest flannel shirt. Just like the ones at Forever21. When suddenly I see flipflops on sale. At that point I feel anxious enough to grab both and buy, but I have a budget. As I look around the huge store I realize all the outfits that can be created. It's like all my negative feelings from the begining of the day had been washed off.
The atmosphere is so rambunctious, I instantly try on cute jean shorts and the flannel shirt in all colors (red, navy blue, and yellow). The outfit makes me smile as I look at myself in all angles, the mirror is urging me to buy it.
Once I'm done and I'm carrying the wonderful clothes in my arms, I see the Best Friend.
"What do you think your doing?"
"Buying a little something...." I say with my sentence fading.
She sighs and takes the clothes for my benefit.
She places the clothes go on a random rack while giving advice,"It's just another impulse purchase after another theresa..."

That may be true.

People have different ways and activities to have fun. There is soccer, or an extra class of french class, and it makes them happy. Am I right?
That's the way I see shopping, it makes me happy.

The confession: I'm a shopaholic.
May 27th, 2009 at 03:36am