The Modern-Day Vampire

I was just watching Maury a little while ago. Yeah, I know, cue the women screaming 'Maury, I know he's my baby's daddy'. But, now and then, Maury holds some interesting episodes. Today's episode was about the paranormal, including ghosts and vampires.

Now, although the ghost responses and all of that was interesting, I thought that the last five minutes was the most interesting. In the last five minutes, they talked about vampires. Hmm, go figure.

Anyways, Maury sent cameras and a reporter to talk to a 'young man'. What was so special about him, you ask? The man, Don Henrie, proclaimed that he was a vampire!. Yes, a vampire! Now, for all of you that have never heard of him before, like I have...what the heck is going on in his head?

He told the camera that he was 'awakened' as a vampire, he drinks human blood daily or weekly (depending on his need for it), has implanted fangs, and that he sleeps in a coffin. He's also affected by the sun, just like the myths say. But apparently, we have no need to fear him because he's not a blood-sucking demon...even though he drinks donated human blood.

I started a little research, and apparently he's known world wide. Everyone knows who he is! Once again, go figure.

And though I could go on to state everything about him...I really don't want to. Call that the lazyness talking.

But, what I really want to know is, what permits you to even want to claim yourself as a vampire to the world? I mean, we all love our vampire fantasies and all of that, but what permits you to actually proclaim yourself as a vampire? I mean, implanting fangs that look like dinosaur teeth, sleeping in a hard wooden coffin, drinking actual human blood...voluntary?

Why?
May 28th, 2009 at 11:25pm