GCSEs

Oh dear God. They're starting. Well...they've started already but now its really hitting me because we only had a few before the holiday, but now I have two weeks of exams straight. Some days I even have two! Ugh! So far, I've done Maths (non-calculator paper), Biology, both my Textiles papers and Media Studies. I got in really late for Textiles and Media and I still managed to finish both papers. With enough time to check over them a couple of times. :) On Monday, which is tomorrow now I guess, I have my second Maths paper. Its the calclator paper and for some reason I always find them harder than the non-calculator. And I thought they were supposed to make Maths easier...

For anyone out of the UK and doesn't know what a GCSE is, they're basically the final exams of school. After this, if I pass five of them, I will be going to college. Which I'm really excited about! I've wanted to go to college since Niz, my big sister who is now 25, went and I saw how much fun she had. It was when she really found some awesome people, some of whom she still speaks to. I already have a bunch of awesome friends, but I'm looking forward to making more and being able to hang around with them during lessons and stuff because most of my friends are in different schools right now. Niz went to Gorseinon and thats where I always thought I'd go but now I think I'm going to Coleg Sir Gar... It seems a lot better than Gorseinon now and I need only five GCSEs to get in while I need seven to get into the latter.

I know for a fact I've already failed Geography because I haven't been put in for the exam and I only did one piece of coursework this year. I doubt I'm going to pass History either. I've been revising for it all week because I knew it was going to be the hardest of all the exams coming up and now I realise just how much I need to know that I don't. I have three seperate exams for it, Germany 1945 being the most difficult. The first one I'm taking is Sport, Leisure and Tourism, then Germany 1945, both on the same day, then Crime and Punishment. God, I'm dreading the next two weeks! I also have a shitload of Welsh language exams next week. I'm probably going to fail Welsh. I say probably because I have a chance of passing it (kind of), I've done all the coursework and its of okay standard since Mrs Yates did most of it for me. :D

Amber xxx
May 31st, 2009 at 04:45am