I can't believe what they said!

When most people think someone is feeling the pressure to be thin, it usually comes from peers. In my case it's my entire family. I'm 5'6 and way 125 pounds but according to the rest of my family i'm a fatty. My mom is always telling me that i need to lose weight and watch what i eat. It really doesn't help that my girl cousin is 5'10 and only 117 pounds.
My grandma called recently and i was happy at first till i found why she called me. Apparently my uncle said that i was overweight. The last thing she told me before she hunng up was "Stay slim, okay?" I was so angry that my uncle would talk about me like that just because his daughter is soooo skinny. Recently we found out one of my aunts are moving in with me and my mom so first thing my mom does is make me a diet plan so i'll lose weight before she gets here.
This ia really pissing me off since I didn't even think I looked fat till my family started telling me about it. Now i'm always looking at myself in the mirror and when the school had a dance i didn't want to go because i thought i would look fat in anything. So instead of going i go to bed earlier and say im nervous about my orchestra concert the next day. When i'm ready to be dropped off my mom startws yelling at me at how much of a failure i am and how i shouldn't be getting a b in my math class.then after dropping me off she leaves and doesn't come back to watch. I start crying as soon as i get inside. Yeah so thanks alot mom.
June 1st, 2009 at 01:49am