Scream until there's nothing left

They tell you that a good girl is quiet. They tell you that a popular girl is social. They tell you that the latest in clothing is sheer leggings. They tell you that Zac Efron is so hot even though you think he looks like a mattel Ken doll.

In everyone's life, there is a 'they' who tells you what to like, what to hate, what to scream at, what to get annoyed at, what to eat, what to sleep.

And in everyone's life, there is a 'you'. There is you who constantly hides away, a 'you' who screams and hides at every prospect of a challenge. There is a 'you' who has stumbled on every single challenge; there is a 'you' who wonders why 'you' are so worthless, so useless.

So, in everyone's life, there will be something called the 'challenge.' The 'challenge' is everyone's worst nightmare, the 'challenge' is something everyone cringes away from, it's something everyone shys away from. Its the thing people constantly deny that it exists.

And today, this lengthy journal entry that I'm penning today; is just to say, that seriously, no one is alone in this. No one is alone in feeling the pressue from their different kinds of 'they', no one is alone in finding their 'you', and everyone is not alone in facing their 'challenge', no matter how different every single person is.

So. My advice to everyone? Scream until there is nothing left in your lungs, tell the world you exist, a single small step at a time, tell them to make room for you, bulldoze your path in this world.

Because, seriously, life is too short to hesistate.

Love,

Emily.
June 1st, 2009 at 04:37am