Running with the Wolves Project: Day Two

I got an early start this morning--- much too early. But as I got on the freeway to babysit my four-month-old cousin in Newhall, inspiration struck me like a bat outta hell.

In the car in front of me, a large, scruffy, brunette dog was just enjoying life, his head through the window, his ears blowing back in the wind. I figured, for my werewolf, Julian, it would be a rather fine idea to inherit canine traits after being bitten. Obviously, there would be strength, loyalty, and playfulness (modeled after a sporting breed). Then there would be eagerness, pride, affection, quick-temperance, stamina, courage, friendliness, and, of course, gregariousness. What a lovely picture.

Thanks to the ridiculous websites I've visited for all the information I need, by the way, before I forget. I'd like to particularly mention the website intended to seriously educate you on how to cure, kill, or identify a werewolf: www.wsu.edu/~mgorg/werewolves/werewolves_dir.html

He will phase only under a full moon, after which he'll appear melancholy, for Julian is fully aware of what meat he's dined on. Also, if you're waiting for a vampire to pop into the picture, you should stop reading, because this is an honest attempt at originality, not a Twilight fan fiction. Damn you, Stephenie. Without you, I could be free to cheese out on a vampiric conflict.

Instead, I have to think of another conflict. Maybe a hunter? Or the town growing suspicious? I don't know at this point. But I look to the future, and maybe Thursday during band practice for another punch of enlightenment to the face.

Wish me luck!
June 3rd, 2009 at 05:10am