New Story Characters and Origin

OK. So I had this strange dream a couple of nights ago, which then spun itself into a story. The dream went something like this:

I'm at my mom's parent's house. It was an old fire station which is now being turned into two houses. One belongs to my mom's parents. The other belongs to a famous band. (there isn't a name for them) I'm sulking around the house doing odd chores because my parents had just dropped me and my brother off, leaving for who knows how long, and I am not happy. That's when our neighbors decide to drop a line. I greet them at the door, and roll my eyes when they try to act all impressive. Sure, I knew them all, Josh, Hotaru, Haru, and Ace. But I didn't care. They ask to stay until their part is somewhat decent enough to live in, and I find my grandparents. Of course they're allowed to stay. They try to get me to show some other emotion other than indifference, but without success.

I fall asleep thinking about them, and when I 'awake' I realize I'm not at the station anymore. I find myself lying in a marble hallway. Looking around me, I'm amazed at how lavish everything is. The grander building is extravagant. I'm led by an older maid to a woman, who then leads me to a boy. I recognize him as Ace, one of the boys living in my house.

This is where I awake, and my imagination takes over. It refines each detail until it becomes the story it is now.

Here's the characters and a little about them:

Ace Holden
14 years old.
Ace is the main boy character.
He has black hair and blue eyes.
His name means One or Expert
Jessenia (Jess)
Jessenia was raised in Brooklyn, NY.
Pretty much an average 14 year old until she started working under Ace.
Jess's name means Flower.
Maximilian (Max) Holden
Max is Ace's translator/body guard.
He's about 45 years old and his name means Greatest.
Joshua (Josh) Holden
Josh is the oldest of the four.
He's 17 years old.
Nothing seems to come easy to Josh; nothing except attention. With his stunning features and booming, somewhat deep voice, he's one to respect.
Haru Holden and Hotaru Holden
Haru and Hotaru are twins: in everything.
Hotaru is the more background one, the one with the brains.
Haru, on the other hand, is fearless and always ready for anything.
Both boys are 16.
Haru's name means Born In The Spring, while Hotaru's name means Firefly.
Andrew Holden
Andrew isn't one of the four brothers, but he became a Holden when his mother adopted the four.
Andrew's name means Manly, which he's often teased about because he is the ideal image for a wimp.
Andrew is 15.
Mrs. Holden
Mrs. Holden is the mother of Andrew and foster mother of the other four. She's the adult of the household, despite being a woman.
Mrs. Holden's age is unmentionable.
Narissara (Nessie)
Nessie is the maid of Mrs. Holden.
She's about 35 years old.
Her name means Smart Woman.
Katherine (Katie)
Katie is Hotaru's maid.
Lindsey is her twin.
Katie's name means Pure.
Lindsey (Liz)
Liz's Haru's maid.
Liz and Katie are both 17.
Her name means From The Lake Settlement Island.
Gabriela (Gabby or Gab)
Gab is Josh's maid.
Unlike her nickname(s), Gabby doesn't talk a lot.
Her name means God Is My Strength.
Hailey (Hale)
Hailey is Andrew's maid.
Hailey is only 9, but she's fun and a hard worker.
Hailey's name means Field Of Hay.

I hope this helps. That's it for now!
June 4th, 2009 at 11:23pm