(06-07-09) One Day that really Opened my Eyes.

So I was youtube, I checked my personal messages and someone sent me a video with a video basically about gay pride, and with my having friends and family members who are in fact gay, I felt I should watch this video.
It talked about how Gay people are people too basically, but why did they have to stop there? Why not say, ALL people are people. Which includes labels!
So I set off to keep an open mind about this, I logged on to Mibba and well I figured, why not chat it up with people, almost completely forgetting what I watched. Silly me, I have short term memory loss.
Anyways, when I logged on there I chatted with people and then all of a sudden people entered the room I was in, shouting at each other and telling each other off.
Being nosy, I asked the person who had insults thrown at her, what was going on. She told me how she was being fun of for being "emo".
My first response was, well so am I. Which then didn't make sense. Why was I labeling myself? Was I only allowed to be one thing? Emo, that's it? I'm not emo, I'm a person. My fashion tastes are just a little but darker then others may like. But so what? Does that make me a mope? Does that make me any less of a person? Am I just an outcast because I was labeled like a soup can?
I'd like to think not, but people these days...
Why does cruelty have to be the number one form of entertainment?
June 7th, 2009 at 09:55pm