Pardon if I rant a bit. . .

Pardon if I end up ranting a bit, but I simply cannot stand one-sided people. Here's the jist of the situation:

I love my mother to death, and I thought she had similar views as me, but clearly I haven't spoken to her enough. My mother is a pastor, and a rather liberal one at that. (Apparently I'm more liberal than she is. I was shocked) She's been bugging me about getting confirmed since I haven't yet, saying that confirmation is no big deal and I'll regret it if I don't. If it's no big deal, why would it make a difference if I didn't do it? That, and I think I'd regret lying to to an entire church saying that I believe in God and that I believe religion is right. For the record, I probably don't believe in God, but what the hell do I know? I'm 14. And it is human nature to need something to believe in, wheather it's a common faith or way of life, but just because something is in human nature doesn't mean it's right. Murder is human nature too.

Now, my mom somehow got the notion that I'd decided to get confirmed. I told her I didn't so she started taling to me again about how she really wanted me to do it and whatnot and I told her what was wrong with it. She said Ok, but wasn't convinced. It was quiet for a while and we were cooking for a while before we started on Gay marriage. Both of us agree that it is fine and we started stating our facts and somehow we found something in common with the Abortion thing.

Now, I've always thought she agreed with me on this, but aparently she didn't. Now, I'm not going to go into the details, but the basic arguement included us debating about various issues, yet all my mom is stating is the logical side. Now, I think logic is something that will save your fucking life and (surprise surprise) makes the most sense. I can't stand people who are illogical either, but this is worse. My mom was completely ignoring the human side of the arguement, only stating the logical robotic side to the situation. Has she ever been in this situation? No. And yet she has concluded that she is right.

Ugh! I swear, I wanted to rip her head off. Thank God mi madre is all for civil rights and just because she doesn't believe something doesn't mean she's going to make someone's choices for them. This is waht saved her.

NONE OF MY VIEWS ARE UP FOR DEBATE. THEY WILL NOT CHANGE. Now if you would like to have a civilized conversation, it's different. Please, I love these conversations, but if you start getting stupid I'm going to cut it off. I cannot stand stupid people. Not that I'm perfect, I'm far from it because we're all fucking human and people seem to forget this.

Ah, I have to stop now or I'll give myself and anurism(sp?).
June 9th, 2009 at 03:26am