Forever And Never

Original inspiration:
Kind of lame, but it was an ex-boyfriend who sparked it all. We were kind of eyeing each other, and wondering how he was going to actually come up to me and say something. And what if it was really weird, ect. SO one thought led to another, and it was basically What if someone came into your life who was so weird that you couldn't help but want more and more of them. That was the beginning.

Formation:
I don't know really when I first started to piece together the story. Somewhere in the winter of 2008. But I planned it out and made a story line in my head which is completely different from the actual one. It was a while before I thought of the vampire twist. Until that come along, the story was a total flop and I was thinking of dropping it. But in the end the twist was to great and I couldn't resist.

Writing process:
The official writing began on Feb 22, 2008 - When I created the word document where it was originally started.
From there I wrote for several months, pulling inspirations from everywhere around me. I officially started posting online on June 1st, 2008.

Characters:
Nicolette Stevens - A huge reflection of me in a lot of ways, such as the panic attacks and the feelings and other things. Her name had always been a favorite of mine, it was the first thing I thought of and it kind of stuck.
August - I had a lot of trouble picturing him, it changed several times in my head and it took a long time to finalize it. I tried extra hard not to make his secret super obvious, though I know some of you caught on. His name was another favorite that I just picked and it stuck.
Lori Morales and Ali Deltoro - I didn't put much thought into the best friends, I just kind of formed them and it happened. They were just the typical girls who were close and funny, ect. During the time of writing, I was on a little Kyle XY trip so that actually where the name Lori came from. Ali's original name was going to be Amanda, which is also a name from Kyle XY, but I changed it so it I wouldn't have the two names together. :P
Megan Harris - I only mention her one, but in the original planning she had a much bigger part. She was actually so post to be their third friend who no one liked and who was the giant poser. :P But that changed somehow, I don't know why.
Nicolette's Mom - Not much thought into this one, but I tried to give her an interesting background and job. I have a weakness for accents, so I had to include one at least once.
Hayden Stevens - One of my personal favorite characters. He's basically the older brother I wish I had. I guess he's sort of a comic relief. His name was another favorite.
The history teacher - Real quick I just wanted to say that when this story sparked, I would always see the love interest in front of my third period class which was world history. So naturally, that's where it all starts in the story, though it's her seventh period.
Ramsey - Another favorite character of mine. The very, very basic mold for Ramsey was Mr. Crepsley from the Cirque De Freak series by Darren Shan. When I thought of vampire mentor, that's who I thought of. His name was from Chef Gordan Ramsay of Hell's kitchen which was another show I was watching during the creation of this. IT was my first pick, and I could never find better.
Raven - Raven was originally designed to push Nicolette into finally making a move, basically to make her jealous. But it kind of changed a little when I typed it up. Some of the first names I came up with were Dot, Clesette, and other strange names.
Maribelle Franco - I pronounce it as Mar-a-bell, I don't know why. In the beginning, she wasn't going to play such as big part but that kind of changed as the story grew. She's kind of like a role model person who'd just perfect and unbeatable. The name was actually my friend Mondo's girlfriend's name at the time of my writing this story.
Youth - Eleven members total (five boys, six girls) and most of them don't have names. Most or them aren't Major characters except for maybe Nate.

Any I'm forgetting?

Locations:
State - I didn't even decide on a state until recently, around January of 2010, and I picked Colorado. It snows, and there's a bunch of thick trees, so I was sort if thinking Colorado from the beginning.
City - Well, I know it can't be a really big city, since it's not that huge. :P I don't know.
School - The schools modeled after my own school a little, such as the parking lot and the side doors and all that. I decided in February of 2010 that the name of the school was Elle Point High. :]
Nicolette's house - The story doesn't involve the house too much, so I didn't plan it out too much. It's on the richer part of town. :P
August's apartment - Actually modeled exactly like an old friends apartment. Even the complex it almost exactly how the actual thing looked.
Briar Apartments - A quick name that I used so I wouldn't have a blank space. I guess 'Briar' came from the book Briar Rose by I forgot who, which I read sophomore year.
Branch Wood - Another quick name which I made up and it somehow stuck. I think the actual idea for the institute for vampires to come and be safe or sleep, whatever, came from a story I read on Quizilla. I forget the name, but there was a big mansion in the middle of nowhere where where a bunch of vampires lived. And for it to be in the woods came from another Quizilla story where the main character talked about all these big mansions being in the middle of the forest nearly out of site.

Other:
Transformation process - I was nervous about writing the process, since I wanted to make it good and make people understand it. The whole three day transformation, I hate to say it, but I think I got from Twilight. I think it was mentioned when they talked about Alice's transformation. I read the books in like freshman year.
Training - I knew that Nicolette couldn't just waltz into the world, and that she'd have to be trained. The hard part was coming up with things to use as training. It was a struggle.

Name:
It took me forever to come up with a name that I liked! I started writing in like February and in May I still didn't have an official title. Forever And Never was actually one of my first choices, but I thought I'd just heard it from somewhere like a movie title or song so I kept thinking. But when I couldn't think of anything I typed in Forever and never in google to see if it belonged to anything, it didn't so I proclaimed it mine.

Songs:
Some songs which seriously influenced the story. In nearly every song, I see some sort of element of Forever and never, but these are ones that I really relate to.
Select start - 'Baby, you amaze me.'
Hollywood undead - 'Circles.'
Flyleaf - 'So I thought.'
Pink - 'Who knew.'
Monty Are I - 'Just in time.'
The city drive - 'Let me back into your life.'
Houston calls - 'Bob and Bonnie.'
My chemical romance - 'Cancer.'
The academy is... - 'About a girl.'
A thorn for every heart - 'February.'
Automatic loveletter - 'Make-up smeared eyes.'
Eisley - 'The winter song.'
3oh!3 - 'Still around.'
The higher - 'Movement.'
The Forecast - 'And we all return to our roots.'
Daniel the photographer - 'We can change the world.'
Swimming with dolphins - 'Silhouette.'
Katy perry - 'Thinking of you.'

There's tons more, but those are the main ones.

Other facts:
-The original story in my head was completely different from the one that formed. There was actually one part where Nicolette was going to a club with Ali and Lori and she invited August and they all went and then stayed the night at Nicolette's night. Crazy, huh?
-The first phone call home chapter was cursed! I had to mention this because it was hilarious. I tried to finish it three times and each time something would go wrong. My computer would shut off, I would accidentally press the exit button, something. It was insane.
-Yes, I do have lyrics at the end of all the chapters (on quizilla anyways), and I have a word document filled with song lyrics I think are fitting for some part of the story. And sometimes the lyrics help form the story. :P
-A huge part of the first thirty chapters was written in my 6th period, sophomore year which was Teen Leadership, just a blow off class where we hardly did anything. I'd say it was there, when I was sitting alone, that I made the whole first month anniversary date thing, and the transformation.
-I was going to put American Sign Language into the story more than I actually did. I don't really know why, I guess because while writing this I was in ASL 1.
-Right before Nicolette is allowed outside for the first time, there was originally going to be about three or four chapters where a human woman came to the apartment to help Nicolette practice being close to humans. I have having such a hard time writing it, I just dropped it and went on to the outings.

I'm going to add more later, yo.
And as the story develops.
:I
June 12th, 2009 at 10:31pm