Need some oinkment?

Swine flu.

Yes, that so-called 'deadly' flu, that alleged pandemic, the new bird flu - the subject everyone is talking about worldwide as the media blow it out of all proportion and wreak bloody hell by scaring the unfortunate masses.

I'm sorry, I dont quite see your point. Yes, it is known to kill. Yes, we are left dangerously unprotected because there are no vaccines we can take that are a 100% prevention. BUT... it is a flu. Flus kill. In third world countries, there ARE no vaccines they can GET to.

So when the school/health officials ring me up and tell me that they need to cut my education for a week and give me a little time off in isolation, yeah, it pisses me off. I understand this is dangerous, but until people begin to die in MY neighbourhood, I'm a little more worried about the economic 'crisis' that may actually ruin our economy and send many people into debt, poverty, or out onto the streets where they can contract something far worse than a bloody flu.

The scare tactic the media are using is outrageous. They are supposed to bring us news, not bring us a bloody civil war!

"What separates H1N1 or "swine flu" (pity the poor pork producers) from other genetic code written in nucleic acid and wrapped in a little protein—the definition of a virus—is not an epidemic of illness or death. It's an epidemic of testing."

So there! The problem is, the statistics we are receiving are all wrong - "If you do a Google search for news from the first week of the "epidemic," you will find that Mexican health authorities counted 159 deaths as of April 28, as reported in The New York Times. A month later, when you might expect that number to be appreciably higher, the Associated Press listed the death toll in Mexico at 89—with the AP conveniently forgetting to report the nearly 100% disparity from the earlier statistic. That same AP story noted that the "world's death toll" was 108."

That is what I found in one article on the internet called "Swine Flu Fantasies". I checked, and as such found that this is, indeed, correct. Of course, statistics are meant to be
reliable, so of course the media will use that to get our attention, shoving "1000 confirmed cases in Australia", "a deadly pandemic which has already claimed over 250 lives", or "the pandemic has spread to neighbouring countries, and the death toll is on the rise" under our noses.

No wonder we paid attention - but to be honest, it's like the Twilight 'pandemic': everyone blew it out of proportion so much that it made history - but it won't REALLY matter in a century or two.

Well, I hope so. Goodbye, sweet world - I'll see you in a week when I'm out of isolation!
June 14th, 2009 at 10:58am