Correct me if I'm wrong

I just wrote a long *ss journal that I was extremely proud of but my computer went haywire and it got deleted so I'm just going to sum it up.

My dad's co-workers have been telling me that I am extremely talented and I could do something big in life.

This really surprised me because I don't think I'm anything special. In my mind people are all the same. Everyone is smart and talented in their own way.

My theory was maybe that because everyone in my family is really smart (our story is too long to tell) and talented that everyone else in the world was too but some people just aren't under the right circumstances like some of the generations in my family, some people aren't really that smart, and some people are lazy.

I've never liked making myself look superior to others, in fact that is why I think I'm nothing special. Let's take my cousin for example. She's going to start her Senior year next school year and this summer she's going to visit a University in Pennsylvania. It costs about $7000 but they gave it to her for free because of her records. My cousin is amazing at painting and a bunch of other things. She's talented.

But thinking about this over and over again I've forced myself to say it: I am talented and smart enough to make my own big business one day.

For me that is really hard to say. Like I said before, I see everyone in the same way. I don't think some should be superior to others. But still, everyone pops out in their own little ways. People popping out is what makes each and one of us different from each other. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

And maybe, just maybe, I can have my own big company when I grow up. I have everything I could ever need. An amazing dad who is always there for me, a great education, people who love and support me, and intelligence I'm waiting to expand.

I can run across the globe and yell I have it all and be truthful about it. I'm lucky to have it all, and it's what makes me smile every waking day.

I'm special.

So are you.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Chelen (My name says how unique I am =D)

*In the deleted journal everything was more detailed but probably more confusing.
June 15th, 2009 at 11:08pm