My Ten Rules for Relationships {A.K.A. My Mindless Rantings}

For the few guys on Mibba, those who are skimming though, or those guys who go onto their sister's Mibba account for the hell of it I am posting this for you.

This is my list, for my current love life issues, of what I think a guy should do.

1. The Golden Rule to most relationships? Treat her like your girlfriend and not like a piece of ass. Every girl, even those who don't think they do, want to have the fairy tale boyfriend. I know that I'd want a boyfriend who would take me on dates and say I'm beautiful and be all lovey dovey with me. Some would disagree with this being the Golden Rule but to me, this is most important.

2. The Silver Rule to most realtionships? Never, never, never cheat on her. That is one of the worst things you could do to a girl, it just makes them think that they are too fat or not pretty enough or something like that.

3. If a girl asks you what you don't like about them, do not tell the truth. I mean, saying "You're a bit too naggy" is fine but saying "You're thighs are huge!" is just a stab to the heart. I'd rather have my boyfriend answer "You're an Indians fan" or something like that, just because it makes me feel better.

4. Having other friends that are girls is fine, but you always want to go the extra 10% for your girlfriend, just so she knows that you only have eyes for her, rather than other girls.

5. Don't tell your personal things to your friends unless they are super trusting. One of my boyfriends told his "friend" that we had just begun to date and, the next day, everyone in my school knew about it. If you totally trust your friend, tell them but you want to always be careful. Following that, don't make up lies about what you and your girlfriend did because if the girlfriend fines out, you're in the doghouse man.

6. If you are going to tell a girl that you love her, you sure as hell better mean it. There is nothing worse than listening to your boyfriend lie when he says "I love you too".

7. If you really love a girl and she walks away, don't give up! Those stupid sayings about "I love you so much that I have to let you go because I want what's best for you" is totally bullshit! Gentlemen, don't let her go! If you love her, follow her! Don't say you're happy for her when you're dying inside! If a girl runs away, she probably wants to be followed.

8. Never, never, never forget her birthday! I can deal with guys forgetting about our two week aniversity or our one month but my birthday?! I'd hate it and you'll feel like crap when you realize that you got her nothing. Ask a friend and mark it on the calender, it'll make your day a lot easier.

9. If a girl goes out of her way to do something cheesy and lame to try and get you back, take it to mind! I hate doing something desprate to try and get my ex back and having it mean nothing to him! And if she does do something like that, don't tell your friends about it! She's probably embarassed enough without listening to your friends tease her!

10. Lastly, I'd advise every guy, boyfriend or not, to make sure that you can understand her or at least be patient. If she is stubbon and doesn't want to meet your parents, don't force her too! Be patient, be kind, and be the best you can be!

Well, ranting's done! ♥
June 18th, 2009 at 04:17am