Green Day - 4 Years!

It’s been four whole years since the day my friends and me went to see Green Day in Milton Keynes. Four years!

I wish I could go back to that day. Everything was just so simple. Thirteen years old. Hanging out with the best friends you could ever have! It’s always been the four of us and we will die being the four of us.

It took us five hours to get to Milton Keynes as we got lost on the way and the only reason we managed to find a car park was by following the men dressed as Billie Joe (black shirts and red ties) and cars with Green Day CD’s visible in the back window. (I think it was a Dookie album we saw)The day was so hot it was almost unbelievable. My good friend Katie was not having a good time. She has hay fever to the max and the sun was not doing her any favours.

We all bought a Green Day tour t-shirt knowing we would remember this day for the rest of our lives.

This was my first concert. My first amazing concert and in a sense it’s sad because now I compare everything I see to this concert. Everything comes back to this day. The best day ever.

I was mostly excited to see Mike Dirnt on the stage. I loved...love him so much. After this concert, I got a bass for Christmas and named it after him. I just adore him and when they came onto the stage...it was epic.

The whole Super Bowl blew up with screams and cheers. It was amazing. We all ‘freaked out’ big time.

The four of us stood on the grass witnessing one of the best things we will ever experience. (I personally think it will be better than any wedding I might have.) It was just outstanding.

And what’s even better? I get to have my friends over here every year on this day and try to relive our experience by putting Bullet in a Bible on. I will but my Green Day tour t-shirt on that has been stitched by the sleeve as it had a small tare and it’s now a grey-ish colour from wearing it so much, and us four will have our chats and fun.

And this might be our last.

University is soon, who’s to say this might all end?

But tonight is coming! So, bring on Green Day!

Happy Green Day day!
June 19th, 2009 at 10:50am