Won't You?

Why must I work myself up over this?
I know he won't be there.
Though I always hope and pray to someone that he will be.
I try to tell myself that maybe he's right. Maybe we won't work out and we'll move on.
But how can I move on when he's the only person I see?
The only person I want to be with? The only person I can be with?
He's like that light at the end of the tunnel I so graciously walk toward.
He's that ray of sunshine that glows through my bedroom window every morning when I get up.
Why am I worked up over someone who constantly plays me?
I'm like those girls on movies, where the boy she loves tells her he loves her and really doesn't.
And we all wonder: why on earth is she still in love with him? She could do so much better.
I could do better.
But I can't.
And if you read this, I know you might think I'm just spewing out things.
Or that I'm making up lies.
But I'm not damnit.
I told you once before: You are my everything. No matter what happens, I seem to drift to you and you make it all better for me just by being there. I'm always here for you too, no matter what.
All the ups and downs we've gone through? At least we did it together. But now you've hurt me body and soul. Now you say that we might not work out, we might need to move on. You may move somewhere and I'll stay here. Alone. But you told me you loved me didn't you? You swore you'll never leave me and that you'll always love me.
But what's changed?
June 19th, 2009 at 04:07pm