The Sword Chopped the Pen in Half

To my dearest Mibba Readers and Writers,

This journal is clearly about writing.. Writing and Fighting. I encourage you to read on, and hear my "story" about a writing competition, right here on Mibba......

As I fill in these lines with words that go together to make a point, I must assure you I'm fully conscious and sober. Oh, and I'm 14 and a freshman. So please don't harmfully criticize me.
Thank you.

Well, Mibba is a writing community, as we all know. But, there are secret competitions. Everyone's having one, whether you know it or not. Someone enters a poem with a catchy Title and Description, the person "against" them has a catchier Title, and a more expanded, diverse Description.

My competition is my friend. Not a best friend. I don't do best friends. But I've known him since 1st grade. And we've been great friends since. He's great at writing. Extraordinary. And I'm just OK. He get two times as many readers as I, but I have more poems. Of course, quantity doesn't beat quality, but it can try.

Now, to wrap up my nearly pointless journal, I'm going to tell you to write as best as you can. Not better than your friend, not better than your enemy. Just be yourself when writing.
Thank you,

BloodyArcade
June 21st, 2009 at 03:57am