Dreamland, Movies, and Michael Jackson

Well, I just spent the past hour outside in my backyard, armed with mini oreos and my ipod, reading Dreamland by Sarah Dessen.
I've read quite a few Sarah Dessen novels (Truth About Forever, Just Listen, and This Lullaby) but this was pretty different, I think. Usually, her books are the typical "girl meets guy" type story (but with her writing style, her stories are unique and never get old or boring), but this was quite different.
I can totally understand the pain and struggles Caitlin is going through, what with her sister running off to New York and especially Rogerson. Even though he abuses her, she still loves him even though, which is basically the foundation of an abusive relationship, I guess.
I love how she goes to Corinna when anything happens and how she SO reminds me of Cass.
I'm not yet finished with the book so don't spoil it for me!!

Anyway, has anyone been able to stand all this Transformers hype? Through commercials on TV to friend's facebook statuses talking about how amazing the movie was, I can't stand it any longer! I NEED to see that movie!
Problem is, I haven't seen the 1st. And people have been telling me it won't make sense without seeing the 1st. I'll have to go down to Blockbuster soon or something. The sequel looks so damn great....
But I did see The Proposal yesterday, which is also the talk of the town. Amazingly FUNNY movie. It was a bit predictable, but it was still really great.

Also, I just heard, like, literally 10 minutes ago....MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD?? Wow, I mean, the guy's pretty much a creep (who wouldn't be though, with all that pressure and all that fame though...he was pretty fucked up), but he had a lot of great hits in the 80's....loved his music.
And at the tiny Catholic school I attended and graduated from just a few weeks ago, for our annual Spring Sing (an 80's theme), half of the 8th grade class sang "Beat It" and at any practice or party (near the end of the year) you could always find the whole 8th grade dancing and singing to it. Haha good times...
Anyway, I'm really sorry that that had to happen to him...wow, I'm still kinda in shock...
Well, I guess I'll go play Guitar Hero: World Tour and play songs by him to mourn this death :(
June 26th, 2009 at 12:56am