guess who I met today?

I met Jacoby Shaddix!

we were doing a protest march for the homeless, and he was there with his family.

the rest of Papa Roach weren't there, just him. perhaps he is the only member that was homeless?

he was in my city because, well, he lived there while he was homeless.

I was really excited. I didn't ever think i'd react the way I did; like "OHMYGOSH. HE IS SO CLOSE I COULD TOUCH HIM." "I CAN SMELL HIS COLOGNE." "OMFG. HE IS RIGHT FUCKING THERE."

you know?

but when I got to talk to him, I went with one of the events coordinators at the youth thing at our apartments (skylab), Alison. she did most of the talking. lucky for me, I would just be blabbing endlessly about nothing. mostly I just stood there with a dumb grin on my face.

alison said, Hi, i'm Alison, and this is Ashley," and as Jacoby shook our hands, he nodded and said, "Jacoby," and i'm thinking, "YES! I KNOW YOUR NAME! WHY ELSE WOULD WE BE TALIKNG TO YOU?!" see, it's a good thing I said hardly nothing.

we invited him to play a concert at our apartments (we're getting our own ampatear!), but he declined because he was going to be on the road. but he said he would visit us next week. Alison and I are the ones who will be in charge of it! squee!

hopefully then I can finally get his autograph.

oh, and he has a really firm handshake.

squeeness.
July 2nd, 2009 at 02:38am