Glad I was wearing a seatbelt

I was in a car accident a few hours ago when I was going to marching band practice. My mom was turning, and the driver behind us wasn't paying attention. Suddenly, I felt how the crash pushed us, and I screamed and dropped my gum all over. My mom's seat went back, and the coin thing we have in the car was totally ejected from where it is built in.

When we got out, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack, because I was panicking so much. My hand, and probably my entire body, was shaking horribly, and I sat on the ground to try to calm down. I didn't calm down for a while, though. I gave my mom my cell phone to call 911, so she did. Then, I called my band director to tell her I wasn't going to be there, and I think I actually screamed at her. She asked if everyone was alright, and I told her that we were.

The police and the ambulance came about 10-15 minutes after. They asked if everyone was alright, and we were, except my mom's leg was hurt where some thing hit her leg. She didn't go to the hospital, though. They then took us in the ambulance to get out of the rain, and they asked us a bunch of questions like what our names were and stuff. Then, the state trooper came and asked my mom exactly what happened and for the proof of insurance and stuff.

After that, he told us to get our vehicle off of the road and put it in a parking lot across the street. The breaklight doesn't work, and neither do the blinkers. The bumper fell off, and beneath that, the car is pretty wrecked up.

If we weren't wearing our seatbelts, I think we would've been thrown out of our car. That's how bad the lady hit us. My mom said her back is hurting, but she thinks the muscles are just tense. Her leg is also still hurting. Otherwise, we're fine. If it still hurts tomorrow, I'll make sure she gets to the doctor.

I'm not sure about the people who were in the other car, though. The driver of the other car told the EMT that her head was hurting. She didn't take a ride in the ambulance, however, because she said her friend was supposed to take her. I hope she's alright. I somewhat feel like praying, but I'm not sure if I believe in god anymore. Maybe I will, anyway.

Image

Image

Image

This is why I stress to everyone to WEAR A SEATBELT! They save lives! A few days ago, someone not to far away from here was thrown from their sunroof and killed in a car accident just because they weren't wearing their seatbelt!
July 3rd, 2009 at 03:35am