Frankie "Tunnel" Kohl and Chuck Norris AND THAT BAND YOU LIKE!

It's 3:45 in the morning and I just got a text from my friend Frankie that his right tunnel has been ripped out at a show. Ouch, he's in Austrailia and I have no idea what time or day it is over there but he's coming back in two days.

With a one 2" tunnel and a messed up lobe.

Tsk, tsk tsk. This is why I don't wear hollow tunnels at shows.
TIGER EYE GLASS PLUGS FTW!

--

There's a band, called Hanni Kohl and they have a song called "Chuck Norris".
This song is life. It's just so amazing because HK is a German grindcore band and in the middle of the breakdown their vocalist is grunting "CHUCK NORRIS! UGH!" And it makes life worth living.

Which brings me to another subject --
Heavy music;
Why teenies don't inhabit it.
Like, I'm so sure I'm not the only one who noticed.
Because I listen to everything from Never Shout Never to Dr. Acula and as you get down the list the teenie pyramid gets smaller and smaller.
Like is it the double bass or just the fact that metal/grindcore/hardcore/metalcore is MOSTLY* about the music and the values? Not what Mr. Chug Squealer's new haircut looks like.
So really, metal is just so refreshing to be a fan of because you can go to a show and not get rammed in the ribcage by some girl crying over *Oli's haircut or his pit 'fro.

*I say mostly because I've noticed metal/screamo/WHATEVER become fashionable lately.
I like it, but then again I'm a girl and all about gold foil print. :weird

*I'm a fan of BMTH okay?
Put away that shiv.
July 3rd, 2009 at 10:52am