My Florida Vacation- 6/25/09

At 10 we had to take my little brother Andy to a field trip for school and he wouldn't be back 'til 5. Me and my mom went shopping for snack food for the 9 and a half hour drive ahead of us later that night. My older brother, AJ, was waiting at the house when we got home around 11:30 AM. I was told to keep him occupied so my mom could sleep for a little while because she drives most of the way down to Florida. He decided to sleep, so I had time to paint my nails and have a house of peace and quiet. My dad got home at 6 and we at premade sandwiches from the deli at Walmart. We left for Florida around 7:30. My older brother is very large(at 18 years old.) and he squished me and my younger brother in the car. I ended up sitting in the middle most of the time. We got out of the car like 5 times to use the bathroom and stretch our legs. We filled our small cooler up with more drinks every time we got out. AJ always got a Mountain Dew. He wouldn't go to sleep because he had like 5 Dews. Andy finally laid his head on my lap and went to sleep. I tried to go to sleep at the same time but AJ kept talking. There was one time that AJ spoke so loudly that it woke Andy up. I finally slept when we got closer to Florida. We got to my grandma's house around 4 AM on the 26th of June.
July 3rd, 2009 at 03:23pm