Hospital Tales

May couldn't think of a place that she hated to be more than her father's hospital room. He'd been in a coma since she was 12. She's 17 now. Her mother refuses to let him go. She had her ipod on full blast as she stepped into the room that had one bed and window plus beeping monitors and oh yeah, her father's lifeless corpse.

"Mom, is this necessary? It's been five years. He can't hear me!"

"You don't know that, May!"

"Please, Mom, it's my birthday. I don't want to be in this stuffy dull room with my dead dad."

"Fine! Go!"

May looked at the door and left, knowing how horrible she was being. But it was her 17th birthday. She hated the hospital. Craig pulled up outside and she hopped into his old car. We raced around dead man's curve.

"Craig! Slow down!"

"I can't may... The brakes gave out... I love you."

"I love you too."

Just then, the car went over the edge. May's father opened his eyes. How
ironic.

----------------------------

Jess sat in the waiting room of the hospital's empty ER. It was cold and she wore nothing more than a bikini. It was hard to imagine what was going on in her mother's OR. She'd been waiting since about 11:36 that morning. It was now 3:52 in the morning. She was sick of waiting, she thought as she got up and walked over to the pay phone and deposited 2 quarters. She dialed the one person who was always awake, Krystal. She was an insomniac so she answered on the second ring, out of breathe.

"Hello?"

"Hi Krys. Mom's still in surgery."

"I'm sorry, babe. Need me?"

"Yes, please."

"Be there soon."

So Jess sat down to wait. Which she'd become amazing at. Krystal soon arrived and kissed Jess softly. The pair sat together and leaned into one another as the doctor came out.

"Miss Tannes?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry but your mother has passed."

Jess fell into Krystal, tears flooding her eyes. At least she had her girlfriend, the love of her life.

----------------------

Okay, these were written in an ER waiting room at midnight because my aunt fractured her toe and also had to get stitches because she was trying to get the Oreos secretly but she tripped over the dog's gate and stubbed her toe into the side of the liquor tote.... So we made a midnight trip to the ER. FUN!
July 3rd, 2009 at 07:27pm