My Poetic Side

Lately I've been feeling very poetic, and in my mind something will spark up. Luckily I usually have my phone with me, and I then I text it and finish by saving in my drafts. That way I have it written down somewhere so I can have it later if I think it's worthwhile. I also have a little black book that I write in. My mom had originally bought it to be her lab book, 20 years ago. At this time I had run out of journals of my own so I asked my mom if she had any little books I could use to write in. She told me where I could find them, and as soon as i saw this one I knew it was perfect! It's plain, no designs anywhere, it reminded me of my very first journal.

So I write the drafts for all my stories in there. Believe I don't have barely any of my stories typed up, They are all written by hand in books. I also use my book to make myself outlines and if I ever get stuck in a story, and think of another part I use it to right down all my ideas. For example I'm stuck on Here Goes Nothing. It is actually based on a real life story, and I'm the main character. I wrote a lot when things were going good, like how I wanted them to happen in my story but then things started to go down hill, and I'm even more stuck then I was before.

Anyway, back to the point of the journal, here are a couple mini poems that I found in my phone where I then typed them up on the computer and am now posting them for you to see. I don't know if you can comment on journals, but if you can please tell me what you think!

1)
I don’t know how to feel.
Should I break it,
Should I take it?
It’s all just a game.
You win,
You lose.
It doesn’t matter to anyone else except yourself in the end.

2)
Sometimes we make ourselves have feelings for somebody because we know that we should. It seems right that we would, but at the end of the day, it doesn’t mean anything. You don’t feel anything. It’s just another empty space to fill with your loneliness.

3)
This is no love story; no one is in love.
This ain’t a fairytale; there’s no happy ending.
There’s no teardrops on my guitar; I’m over it.

4)
Dreamer: someone who has their head in the clouds; never thinking in reality. When life is paused in the perfect moment, and a make believe world of everything you have ever wanted appears.

5)
I broke it,
Doesn’t mean I don’t love you,
Doesn’t mean I hate you,
Just means I’m not ready for this,
Not yet.
Here me out, loud and clear.
Love shouldn’t hurt,
It shouldn’t feel this way.
Your not givin’ me the love I need.

6)
I want to like you.
I should like you.
I pretend to like you.
But at the end of the day I feel nothing.
It’s just another empty space to fill with my loneliness.
I don’t feel anything.

** Yes I know, number 6 and number 2 sound alike, number 6 is actually an edited version/turned into a poem version of number 2.
*** number 4 is actually a definition, It came to me randomly, I kinda like it

PLEASE COMMENT :)
July 5th, 2009 at 05:22pm