Ryan and Jon leaving?

So, I'm sure that you have all heard of Ryan Ross and Jon Walker leaving Panic At The Disco. Yes, leaving.

Why, do you ask? Well, I'm not so sure myself. The fansite does not disply any information whatsoever.

"We just wanted to let you know, that the news of Ryan and Jon leaving the band is unfortunately true. It’s been an amazing journey being in a band with them, but sometimes individual tastes take friends in different directions and you can’t ignore it."

That was a quote from a newsletter that Brendon and Spencer posted on the site. I can't believe it myself, folks...

But, they said that "Panic At The Disco is alive and very very well. We are working on new songs that we are excited for you to hear. Our dates with Blink and Fall Out Boy start in a little less than a month, and we wouldn’t miss those for the world."

So, what does this mean, exactly? Jon and Ryan left, yet Panic is 'alive and very very well'? How is this possible? Are they leaving the band then? Are Brendon and Spencer continuing on without Jon and Ryan? I fear I cannot answer these questions.

Everything is just very odd. Pretty. Odd, actually. The sad thing is, I just made a pun for a band that may not exist for much longer.

What is going on?

If anyone knows anything else, please let me know. And for more information, head to their website.

Thanks,
ERS
July 7th, 2009 at 04:51am