Friends

So much I want to talk about, but I've no idea how to express it. I'd post elsewhere, but I don't want everyone involved reading this, and here is the least likely place to be read.

1) Have you ever been told, 'I don't need you'? It hurts. Especially when it's coming from a friend.

2) I don't like hypocrites. We were at a party, camping, and some people were talking about a trip they went on. The rest of us couldn't really join in, so just laid there bored or whatever. After a bit, friend 1 gets up and leaves, saying quietly he's going for a walk. About 10 minutes later, another friend asks where he's gone; what's happened to him, as he still hasn't come back. Friend 2 goes out to look for him and comes back a few minutes later to get friend 1's girlfriend. As you'd expect, everyone asked what was wrong etc, but friend 2 waves it off, saying it doesn't matter, because she doesn't want to make a big deal out of it. Most people accept it, assuming they'd be told if it involved them or whatever, but at least one gets in a strop about it, complaining something along the lines of:
'Fine, don't talk to me then. It's not fair on everyone else to go storming out because he's (friend 1) bored and doesn't want to join in our conversation. He shouldn't make a big scene out of being upset, and spoil everyone else's time.'
This obviously wasn't the case as he'd not told anyone that anything was wrong and hadn't even said he was bored. He'd just quietly left.After the outburst, I told them that he had said he was just going for a walk, getting a sulky reply that 'they didn't know,' and that 'he shouldn't make a huge deal out of it.' I said that at least it was noticed. I had been curled up in my sleeping bag for the whole time crying (for reasons I won't go into), and it seemed no one had either noticed or cared. (My boyfriend knew I was annoyed, but didn't know what to do or that I was crying.) This person saying if someone's upset, they shouldn't make a scene, hurt. Partly because it implyed that it should be hidden from everyone, and partly because they get upset/pissed off quite a bit and a lot of those times, 'makes a scene.' Yeah, it might make people feel a bit uncomfortable, but a friend's happiness should be more important.
If you're upset you should be able to show it without being worried about what other people will think, and your friends should be there for you and comfort you. At least ask if there's anything they can do, or just give you a hug, if they don't have anything to say.
I'm not having a go at anyone, but I wish they'd think about other people's feelings before saying some things. It's not just them that has problems. Unconcieveable as it seems, everyone else doesn't have perfect lives.

3) People should realise that most of the time, their friends are trying to help them, not just force their opinions on others. If something is said, we're just trying to help, and it'd be nice if this was accepted. Instead of being thrown back in our face and being told that we can't understand what they're going through. We may not be in the relationship, but some of us have been in similar situations, or know how it feels.

4) I wish he'd sort himself out and realise what a dick he's being. I wish he'd let go of his anger and solve their problems. I wish he didn't hurt her so much.
July 8th, 2009 at 05:24pm