He Could Be the One.. isn't that a Hannah Montana song?

What is love? Lust for one another? Walking on the beach, holding hands? Looking like the perfect couple but inside never really feeling anything for the other person?
I met a guy in 7-8 Spanish class. For identities sake, lets call him Jack. I had just moved to the school for the last nine weeks. The teacher put me in the desk across from him so every day when the teacher wasn’t talking I pretty much had to stare at him. Not that I objected, he was cute. I adored him. A crush formed and I learned from a friend he liked me also.
The end of the year came too quickly. Neither of us was brave enough to ask the other out and so we didn’t see each other for a long time after that. It was two days ago that I saw him again. It wasn’t anything spectacular, he was riding his bike and talking on his phone and I was walking and talking on my phone. He said Hey to me. That’s all. One simple word and I felt like I was going to hyperventilate. Then on my way home, I saw him again. This time he had a friend behind him, but I didn’t get a good look at him. I was looking at Andrew. When we passed he said, Hey Bethany and I started hyperventilating all over again, but this time I also felt week in the knees. Literally.
Why did he make me feel like this?
July 9th, 2009 at 05:05am