Break Up at the Disco?

Oh, such a lame and uncatchy title.

My friend IMed me and told me Panic had broken up. But I was out when she did so. And when I came home, I was like "what?" That's it. I didn't really believe it.

Then today, another person had confirmed it for me. My good golly gosh.

Tears had struck my eyes, but didn't dare fall.

I went over to my brother room. I had to tell him. I tell him everything.

me: "You. Should feel lucky."
him: "why's that?"
me: "You. Saw Panic at the Disco."
him: "and?"
me: "they broke up."
him: "That's up there with the GNR break up for you, isn't it?"
me: "yeah, yeah it is." And then I started crying.
him: "Are you crying? It's nothing to cry about. Although I would be upset if Incubus or Def Leppard broke up. And I don't mean Def Leppard just stopping touring, I mean, they actually break up. I would tell Joe Elliot meet me at the bar, and I'll beat him up. I'll rip off Rick Allen's other arm."

[My brother doesn't even like Panic, but he came with me to see them.]

I suppose that got a smile and laugh out of me.

But it was just all so unexpected.

I feel like I jynxed them.

I moved my poster from my wall to the back of my door. And it being there, well, it's been bothering me all week.

DX I feel like blaming myself.

Cause this happened with Billy Mays too. My friend and I were joking around about him yelling all weekend. And then I find out he dies that Sunday.

I'm sorry this had to happen. I'm sorry Ryan and Jon went there seperate ways. I feel horrible. It's devistating.

And I wish I could change it.

I've never felt this bad about anything before. In my life.

I do realize that Brendon and Spencer are going to keep the band going. But I don't know. It won't be the same. I'm sure many would agree.
July 10th, 2009 at 02:14am