Warped Tour '09

My second year attending Vans Warped Tour, 7/9/09, proved to be more exciting then last year. This year I had a rough idea of where the stages would be, and of course I knew what to expect. Also meaning I had enough sense to plan out all the bands I wanted to see instead of playing it by ear again.

Bands I saw;

Anti-Flag- They're pretty much my favorite band, and their set was absolutely mind blowing. Erin and I ran and jumped in the circle pit the minute we got in the gates. The guys are crazy good live, and they played 'Should I Stay Or Should I Go' by The Clash which was pretty kick ass if I do say so myself. Plus I got to meet the band, get my cd signed, and had an chat with Pat(the drummer) about the origins of Kiss while I was getting merch.

Bad Religion- I didn't see much of their set, only a few songs before we decided to wander out to the merch booths, but of what I did see they did a killer job. I wish I would've stayed for the whole thing.

The Devil Wears Prada- Once again I only got to stay for a few songs before my friends drug me away for another band. The pit was going crazy for them, absolutely insane. They were just as good, if not better, then they were last year.

3oh!3-To be honest I was kinda disappointed, they didn't seem to have the same energy about them as they had last summer.

Chiodos- Crazy. The Wall of Death was awesome, and the pits were vicious. Definitely in my top 3 favorite pits of the day. Not to mention that despite they were on the main stage, they still managed to make it intimate as if they were at a club show.

Paramore- They were our 'special guest' of the day. First time I've seen them considering I'm not that crazy about them, but they put on one hell of a show. The energy from everyone was awesome, I would definitely go to one of their shows the next time they visit cleveland.

A Day To Remember- They put on an awesome show as usual, props to the person in the dino costume walking around the pit.

Jeffree Star- My guilty pleasure! Jeffree was amazing, however I was disappointed with the crowd. No one was moving, like at all. I figured that at least a dance pit would have started up, but no, nothing.

Aiden- Utterly amazing. I thought, since they're sort of a big band, they'd get to play at least at the Hurley stage, but they were on the Ernie Ball stage which turned out to be an extremely good thing. The guys put everything into their performance and the crowd gave it right back. I especially like how they're playing the 'crowd surfing game', at each stop during one song they tell everyone to crowd surf and see if they can beat the previous record holder for the most crowd surfers to reach the front during the song. Definitely my second favorite pit of the day ( first being Anti-Flag of course).

All in all it was an amazing day and I'm already anticipating next year's.
July 10th, 2009 at 10:48am