"Sorry I'm late, I was busy predicting the future." "Then why didn't you predict that you'd be late?" "Because shut up."

Best comeback ever.

I just got home after a lovely evening out with a big group of family & friends - it was my friend's mothers' birthday today, so we went out yo dinner at a great Indian restaurant. The man who served us was probably the most hilarious waiter I've ever had. He was a riot. It was nice dinner.

Before that, however, I was killing some time downtown with a friend of mine. We went into this shop - phuck if I remember what is was called - because she was looking for a couple new summer shirts. It was this behemoth of a store; it had about three floors in what was probably once a warehouse. So, while she's cruising around, I'm just kind of perusing through the aisles, and I make my way up to the second floor, and the second I get there, I happen to see what I think wins the award for stupidest shirt ever. It was a tee shirt that said on it, and I'm really not making this up, "POVERTY SUCKS." See for yourself.
POVERTY SUCKS.Well, if that isn't the understatement of the century. Thank you for that modicum of worldly wisdom, fashion industry. As if the people shopping at your store, forking out $30+ for a ugly shirt honestly know a thing or two about poverty. You wanna know what else I learned in that store?HITLER WAS A DORK.Sometimes, words are just not enough to express one's profound disgust and frustration at the stupidity of fashion shenanigans and the people who blindly follow them. There just is not a comeback for everything.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the British." My friend got me rolling with that one.
- Linden

PS: This story is amazing. It has My Chemical Romance and Pokemon, what more could you want?!

PPS: I just found out that the movie I was an extra in back in April is getting shown at the International Film Festival Ireland and is nominated for a few awards. My friend Zia directed it. Next week I'm going to a fund raiser to help it get entered in many more film festivals. It already has a page on IMDB. The more it gets out there, the more our names do and that's very good for all of us. I'm very proud of Zia tonight.
July 11th, 2009 at 07:56am