starvation

starvation is a condiction in which deprivation of food which forces the body to feed off itself. Causes are famine, fasting, malnutrition, and adnormalitites of the mucasal lining of the digestive system. Famine is often composed of political strifes that restrict the distribution of aid and imports. Fasting is usually conducted as a religious discipline or political protest. Fasting results in dizziness,weakness and loss of bone-mass. These usually lead to malnutrition. The first thing to be lost are fat deposits and large amounts of water. Your liver,spleen and muscle tissue suffers the greatest weight loss, the heart and brain show little loss. The starving person becomes weak and lethargic. Your body temperature,pulse rate,blood pressure and metabolism continues to fall while the starvtion process progresses and death usually comes.

Starvation is a servere redustion of vitamins,nutrients,and energy intake. Excess of 1-2 months cause permanent organ damage and eventually death. Basic causes of starvation is imbalance between energy intake and energy expenditure. In starvation more energy is let out then taken in as food. This imbalance can arise in many situations such as poverty,war,diabetes mellitus,digestive disease,and overpopulation.

people who are experienting starvation lose substantial fat and muscule mass as the body breaks down these tissues for energy. Catabolysis is the process of the body breaking down muscles and other tissues to keep vital systems working. Vital systems such as the nervous system and heart muscule. The process of catabolysis won't begin until there are no usable sources of energy coming into the body. Another common result of starvation is vitamin deficiency, often resulting in anemia beriberi,pellagra,and scurvy. Those diseases collectively may cause diarrhoea,skin rashes,edema and heart failure. Individuals are usually irritable.

Artophy of the stomach weakens hunger. Vitctims are often too weak to sense thirst and become dehydrated because the perception is controlled by the percentage of the stomach which is empty. Due to the artophy of the muscles and dry,cracked skin cause by dehydration, all movements become painful. With a weakened body diseases are common place. Fungi often grows under the esophagus making swallowing hard and painful.

So next time you think about starving yourself just bacause someone called you fat, stop and think of all the problems that happen to your body.
July 11th, 2009 at 07:06pm