why must this happen ???

It was pretty magical and confusing at the same time
so last night we have this festival in our town for 3 days and last night was the last night
the whole day was pretty fun i was hanging w/ a few of my friends, flirting my ass off w/ he gorgeous girl and i even got her to kiss me (her gum was already out of flavor)
but towards then end of the night i saw an old friend, not just any old friend the old friend that saved my life, the old friend that so many of my songs are about.
it was such a shock to my eyes well i gave her a hug and ditched all my friends just for her, now that may sound bad but ma and her never get to hang out... EVER
so as the night was progressing she bought a dress, and what a beautiful dress it was, how beautiful she looked in it. she told me she had a boyfriend but I didn't care me and her both flirt like crazy, so its only natural for 2 flirts to flirt w/ each other.
so we kept walking around and she stopped me and said, "I wanna go some where, i just wanna have some fun"
so i said, "come with me"
"where are we going"
"that doesn't matter, you said you wanna have fun"?
"well... alright"

so we started walking and walking keeping very silent not noticing the gang fights going on and then we were there. we were on the roof of the travel brokers, now to those of you who are reading this, it probably sounds retarded, but to me it was the greatest place in the world, my first kiss happened there, my first drink, my first smoke, its kinda sentimental, not to mention you can see all the city from there. its a gorgeous view.
and she asked me why i brought her up there, i told her that this was my best friend's favorite spot from the whole city, (see the poem billy woods)
he passed away in may
she grabbed my arm so tight and said in her sweet voice, "I'm so sorry" then she turned around and gave me a hug and said, "It's gonna be alright" and after she said that we could here very dim music, i couldn't even tell u the name of the song, but she asked while she but her lip, "do you wanna dance babe?"
i said w/ a limp in my voice, "i would want nothing more gorgeous"
and we danced up on that roof and that night ended with an innocent kiss on the cheek and her walking away into the distance. it was then i realized that i still love her
July 13th, 2009 at 10:19pm