Summer of '09

Ever since they released us from the sometime-prison of school, I had goals for this summer. I was going to finish IMYSF, rewrite it's script (I'll get into that in a moment), among various other things scribbled on a sheet of poster paper that's taped to one of my walls.

Where does the time go? It seems like yesterday I was wondering what on earth I was going to do to occupy myself, and now we're more than half-way through it! So the new goal for I Miss You So Far? It's last chapter will be posted by the end of October, if I can stay focused. In April I took part in a script-writing challenge, known to some as ScriptFrenzy, and I chose IMYSF as a starting point for my screenplay. Which meant taking my precious story and cutting it up in order to fit it on the big screen.

I still plan on publishing the story itself (after MUCH revision, trust me) and then selling the script once it's ready, so these next few weeks will definitely test me. At the moment I have 82 pages to write before the end of the month, and something's telling me that I can do this.

After I wrap up my current project, I'd like to return to a couple of my stories that've started to collect dust. I miss typing updates, posting them on here and waiting eagerly for comments. I miss Mibba. So at 2:25 in the morning, I'm challenging myself to keep on going. After a well-deserved sleep, that is.

I can do this, I know it.
July 15th, 2009 at 08:26am