My Half-Blood Prince review

Yes, this is yet another Half-Blood Prince review. Last night I went to a concert with Jess and Jessi, we saw the Cab. It was fun, very hot but I didn’t pass out so it’s all good. Jessi and I slept over Jess’s house and this morning we decided to see Harry Potter, Jess couldn’t because she had camp. The three earliest showings were at 9:15, 9:45, and 11:15, we decided on the 11:15 one because there was no way we were going to be able to make it to the 9:15 and we wanted more time so we could get ready.

My sister came with us and we got to the theater a little after ten, we were the first ones in the theater! I was dressed as Tonks and I surprisingly didn’t get any looks. I was the only one dressed up, Jessi and Sam wore Harry Potter shirts but it didn’t look like anyone else did.

When 11:15 came along the beginning stuff they show finished and the previews started but they were upside down on the screen and it sounded like they were talking in Spanish. So it took them a little to fix that, when they finally did everyone cheered. Then the previews ended and Harry Potter started!

I think I’ll give it a three out of five. Some things could have been much better but the movie could’ve turned out worse, at least it was better than Order of the Phoenix. Half-Blood Prince is my second least favorite film, OotP being my least favorite.

To me the acting level went down; Rupert, Emma, Evanna, and Helena were good but it seemed like everyone else was just forcing the lines out. I don’t like who they got to be Slughorn, not only didn’t he look right but his acting wasn’t that good to me. I also hate how they didn’t have Fleur and Bill (I knew that they were thinking of cutting out either them or Tonks and Lupin but now DH part 1 will be messed up in the beginning), how Tonks and Lupin were together during the movie, and how Ginny kissed Harry. I wish there were more memories, instead of putting the whole added Burrow scene (probably my least favorite scene because you think four adult witches/wizards would be able to stop two underage witches/wizards) they could’ve put in more memories. I wish they put the actual battle at Hogwarts in but they decided not to because they didn’t want too many battles in the movies, but the books are all about war so I think that made no sense.

I didn’t like the teenage Riddle, either. I expected him to look hotter and more evil. He just looked creepy. I also thought that the whole teen love thing was too forced, to me it was like the people were just, “Well we haven’t really had much in the other five movies and there won’t be much room for it during the next two movies, let’s stuff it all in here!” I also got tired of hearing Bellatrix shout, “I killed Sirius Black, hahaha! You coming to get me, Potter?”

Now for the positive parts of the movie. The breaking of the bridge was cool, it would’ve been better if people had fallen into the water or if it had been on the car bridge. Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes looked cool. The humor in the movie was good, it seemed like there was more than usual. I also liked how when Dumbledore and Draco were talking and Harry was underneath and Snape came over then indicated that Harry should be quiet. It looked like he was going to be the good guy and then he just kills Dumbledore. That was a good thing for people who’ve never seen the movie because it’s like Snape’s about to be the good guy and now he’s not but, as long as they do everything right for DH part 2, they’ll see that he’s really a good guy. Ron on love potion was funny and I love when Hermione hits Harry and Ron plus when she sends the birds at Ron. I wish they had hit him though; it would’ve been funnier.

The whole Katie Bell incident was freaky. When she was whipped back and forth and then in the air I was kind of freaked out but then it was like no one cared and no one was hurrying to save her. I didn’t cry when Dumbledore died but I did cry a little when everyone held up their wands so that’s good. I can’t really remember the positives as much as the negatives but there was stuff in the movie that I liked. I’m not all grr Half-Blood Prince.

Image

Image

And that was how I went to the theater this morning. The first picture was without the wig and the second is with, I went to see the movie with the wig and the pink spray paint came off all over my shirt, hands, and neck.

So, how did you like the movie and what would you give it out of a five?
July 16th, 2009 at 12:51am