Hollywood Undead July 14th 2009

Alright so this is me venting yet again, but for a whole different reason than my dad.
HOLLYWOOD UNDEAD! Good enough reason? I thought so.
Oh. My. God. I've been saying those three words ever since leaving the venue last night. God it was incredible. I'm going to try to include some pictures on here if I can make them work, and if they stretch the page to oblivion, sorry.

Image

Alright so if you lot can see that, and read, that would be their set list signed by four of the six members: J-Dog, Funny Man below that (even though you can't really read his,) Da Kurlzz and Deuce. I got hugs from all four--and Funny Man seriously scared the crap out of me to a point where I couldn't talk, just hug him. The dude is huge! Like, scary intimidatingly huge. Okay so he's not monster big, but I'm a small person and he towered over me.

Starting from the beginning though, I'll give everyone a little play-by-play. You probably won't care to read all of this but as I said, I'm venting.
Alright so we (my friend Morgan and I) get there around five thirty about a half hour before the doors to the venue open. Let me pause to say this venue wasn't very big at all, maybe barely held 3-4 hundred people.

Okay so anyways we get there and stand in the line that was wrapping around the parking lot where in front of us are HU's and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus' tour buses, the building off to the left of that and to the right a long row of one-story motel rooms. Well I, holding the attention span of a small child at this point, start looking around when I spot to my immediate right, a man sitting on a bench outside of the row of motel rooms. He was only a few yards from where I was standing and I didn't really pay much attention to him seen as he had an earphone in one ear and a cell phone against the other. But then I noticed the amount of tattoos this guy had on him. At first I figured that maybe he was part of the stage crew or something cause he was dressed real casually in only a pair of cargo shorts and a t-shirt, but then I saw the LA tattoo very clearly towards the inside of his right arm.

People I started wigging out.

Naturally I immediately tugged on Morgan's arm and was like, "DUDE! That's Da Kurlzz sitting over there on that bench!"
She looked over and at first didn't believe me, but I pointed out the tattoo and we both started having a miniature freak-out right there in line. Unfortunately for us, the doors happened to open at the same time we were debating whether or not to go over to him, so we opted to go inside instead of loosing our spot in the already massive line.

Nothing incredible to report once inside except I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the support bands The Sleeping, Nest, and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. That venue may have been small but lemme tell you, the had some serious mosh pits going. I took a knock to the floor, a kick between the shoulderblades, elbow to the face and a punch in the side whilst partaking in said mosh pits but it was so worth it.

The real fun began once HU took the stage though.

Image

Yeah people I was actually that close to them. And if you can't see 'cause the picture kind of sucks, that's Da Kurlzz (same guy from the bench we found out XD) Johnny Three Tears, Deuce, and J-Dog :D
I have never related to a pinball more in my life being in that crowd of people but wow. Just. Wow. They did 13 songs in all I think and the whole crowd, myself included, screamed every song lyric with them. Amazing didn't even come close to describing it. Alrighty a break from my rambling to show more pictures :D and they're huge so I don't know if they'll fit. I'll try anyway.

Image
Image
Image
Image

(I'll probably post some more on my profile for those that want to see them)

But to make the night ten times better, the guys stuck around after the show (even though most of the fans didn't)
As you saw in the very first picture I managed to get handed the set list by one of the stage crew guys and get it signed later. Da Kurlzz is officially the coolest guy ever. And he gives really nice hugs. XD Since Morgan lost one of her shoes she decided to get the one she had signed. She asked Kurlzz to sign it while holding her foot up to his knee (he was sitting down at the time) and he goes, "Oh so you're gonna put your feet on me now are ya?"
He was real cool about it though as was Funny Man, and J-Dog.

Apparently Johnny 3 Tears walked though the venue once but at the time I was buying merch so I didn't see. After hugging the singer and guitarist from The Sleeping and meeting the singer for Nest, we headed outside near the tour buses hoping to meet the other three members of HU. (at the time we'd only met Funny Man, J-Dog and Da Kurlzz)
But Charlie Scene and J3T decided to stay on their bus so unfortunately I didn't get the remaining 2 signatures. It's okay though I was more than happy to have the ones I got.
But while we were waiting out by the tour buses we got to meet the lead singer for RJA and he was cool even though he was a bit drunk. XD By "a bit" I mean he had to look at us for about two whole minutes before he realized he wasn't hallucinating we were there. XD

Deuce was the last one we met and it was by chance really. Morgan and I were going out to the car when we saw two guys walking over towards the Maxwell's Coffeehouse across the parking lot. Taking a closer look we saw it was really Deuce and a roadie. (the dude has some seriously skinny arms just an FYI)
Ha so the roadie looks over Deuce's shoulder and sees that it was the set list I was having him sign and he says, "Oh you got the set list. That's awesome." Then he lowers his voice, gives me a warning look and says, "Dude if this sh*t shows up on eBay, it's over."

At that point I was trying not to pass out because Deuce was hugging me and didn't honestly know whether to laugh at the roadie or run away. XD
We were walking back to the car after saying goodbye to them when he called back to us. Turning back around I saw he was holding up my silver sharpie. He goes, "Hey um, did'ya want this back?" (but it was kinda slurred 'cause he was a bit drunk. Not wasted, but definitely buzzed) So he ends up chucking the sharpie across the parking lot to us (which went a few feet in the wrong direction causing him to shout swears really loud too. XD) Apparently his aim wasn't very good when he was buzzed either.

AHH! And so concludes the best night of my life.
More pictures before I go though :D

Image
Image
Image
July 16th, 2009 at 06:09am