Nickelback was AWESOME last night!

If I had to choose a moment in time to go back to, I'd choose last night. It was just so freakin' fun and amazing.

Saving Abel opened. I didn't really like them that much, but maybe that was me. =/ They were giving out a guitar, but I didn't feel lucky enough to win it. It looked like a pretty nice guitar, took, and I would've loved to have it.

Papa Roach was pretty awesome. I think I'll check their music out later tonight if I remember. I only knew one of their songs, though, which was "Lifeline." I would've loved to get up and dance if there was enough room on the lawn and if I wouldn't embarrass the crap out of myself. Haha.

Hinder was alright. They definitely sound better live than they do on record, not that they sound bad on record or anything. At least I think so. I only knew two of their songs, which were "How Long" and "Lips of an Angel."

Then, a half an hour after Hinder was done, came Nickelback. While no one was expecting it, fireworks shot off, and everyone jumped. I screamed and then, immediately after, laughed at myself. It was pretty funny when that happened. They started with "Something in Your Mouth." It had to be only my second or third time hearing it, and I think I now actually like it. Then, I think they sung "Photograph" if I'm not mistaken. That's when I began to sing along. I probably sounded like a dead moose or something trying to sing, but I sang anyway.

They played (may not be in the right order:)
-"Something in Your Mouth"
-"Photograph"
-"If Everyone Cared"
-"Highway to Hell ( they actually did a pretty good job with this one.)"
-A country song that I have no idea what to do.
-"Savin' Me"
-"Figured You Out"
-How You Remind Me"
-"Too Bad"
-Their new songs that I have no idea what they're called. They're usually on the radio. One of them is about, "living your life to the fullest," and the other one is that one about finding the one. There was also one I hadn't ever heard before. I don't have their new album, yet. I'm quite far behind, aren't I?
-"Animals" (last one)

I may be missing some. Let me go look at a list of their songs, because maybe that might help.

I forgot:
-"Rockstar"
-"Because of You"
-"Far Away"
-"Someday"

I may have forgotten one or two, but I' m pretty sure they're mostly all on those lists.

I somewhat wish they would've played some of their new stuff since I haven't heard it yet, but I'd probably have a much better time if I knew the songs. That way, I could sing along whenever I felt like it.

Chad would say something funny between every few songs, which made the concert even better. He also said funny things about the other band members like making them coming out of the ground and stuff.

I wish I had brought my camera, because I would probably be able to get some nice videos and pictures. I hadn't even thought about it, though. Oh, well. Next time I go to a concert, I'll try to remember.

The lights and fireworks were pretty nice. The fireworks surprised me sometimes, though. Haha.

EDIT: Forgot to say about the idiots in the parking lot. We had been waiting over a half an hour for the line of cars to even move. When we finally started to move, someone tried to force themselves in front of us, but we weren't going to take their crap. They then called us f***faces or something. Then, on the road, they passed us off when they weren't supposed to and shouted, "****ers!" or something at us. Wow. We didn't even say a word to them. I just laughed my butt off at them.
July 16th, 2009 at 08:44am