Nightmare of You/Brian Bonz/Aushua/Plushgun. 07/15/09.

Let me first start out by saying this may be the only concert ive ever been to that ive liked all the bands at first listen. 

So, after a few minutes of driving around & my mom yelling at her gps, we arrive at rock bottom. Nightmare of You was set to play indoors while an entirely different show was playing outdoors. We talk to this guy from the outside show & he told us we can go in & hang out. That's not gonna fly, obv, since the bands were eating dinner & this guy told us we have to wait outside.
The doors open at eight and we're standing outside at 7:55.
Of course, Irene & I are the only two people in line. So, she & I are chillin', talkin' about random stuff as the line gets longer & various band members walk in and out of the venue. Irene and I are talking when Brandon Reilly walks out. I freeze & she asks who it is. "Thats Brandon Reilly. He sings in Nightmare of You." 
"Oh. HEY BRANDON!" 
He stops & looks at us. We both wave. He smiles & asks how Irene is doing. She smiles & says fine & asks him the same. He smiles and says he's doing good. Then he, along w basically every other band member scheduled to play indoors are chillin by their vans drinking beer & pointing at the line. Brian Bonz threw a sausage at Irene (not really.) Awkward stares are exchanged (okay, maybe it was just me gawking at them) and finally, the doors open. At nine. Awesome. 
So Irene & I head in & make a beeline straight for the stage We're yet again the only ones. Everyone else, including band members of the other bands are sitting in the back. 
Yep, we're cool.
Aushua is up first and they're really good. As I said earlier, I liked every band, so of course I'm only gonna speak highly of them. The drummer said hi to Irene after they played a few songs. Cute(: and we made fun of the guitarist a bit. But it's expected. 
After their set, the singer handed out flyers for their band. & said their band name was stupid & he appreciated us sitting up by the stage. Then i bought their cd. He appreciated that too. 

I also bought a NOY shirt. I'm not crazy about it, but its all good. I ran into Joe at the merch table. I've always thought he was the most intimidating out of the four, but he's actually the nicest. He gave me a free pin & helped me find a shirt that would fit(:  

Brian Bonz (BBONZ! as Irene's taken to calling him) was after Aushua. 

Setlist: 
Kid Shit
Judy and the Alpha Queen
Dee The Dinosaur 
and two songs from his upcoming cd. 

He told jokes about how everyone's using heroin & how he needs everyone's social security number & credit cards before anyone leaves. Cool kid. 

Plushgun was next. They were Irene's favorite, and very possibly mine too. They're so energetic and upbeat.(:
Irene had the hots for guitarist Taylor Armstrong. & the singer, Dan gave us two glowsticks each for dancing. When they were done, Irene asked for a purple glowstick & Dan just ended up giving us the rest. Yay(:

Nightmare of You was next and everyone rushed the stage. 

Set list: 
Instrumental
Bang
Thumbelina
Youre Very Dear to Me
I Think I'm Getting Older
I Want to Be Buried In Your Backyard 

(to whom it may concern: when he dies, Brandon Reilly wants to be filled w apple seeds and wrapped in a plastic bag so he can grow into an apple tree)

Amsterdam
The Days Go By Oh So Slow
Heaven Runs on Oil
In The Bathroom is Where I Want You
Why Am I Always Right? (solo break in the middle of the song)
and My Name is Trouble.

Brandon R. was sort of tipsy- he almost fell over a couple of times on stage 'cause he couldnt figure out which foot to use to push the pedal. Silly boy. Brandon M and I kept smiling at each other. He was cute. BBonz! joined them on stage a couple of times. Michael stared at Joe and flailed! and tried to dance and sing. Joe was straight up awesome.  

Irene & I were standing in front of Joe and a drunk guy was right next to Irene. He kept pushing her and leaning on her and screaming. She was pissed. Obv. The band kept laughing at him and eventually had him escorted out. But not before...

Brandon: "This next song is off of our new record out August 4th."
Drunk guy: "YEAHHH!"
Brandon: "Did you get it?"
Drunk guy: "I'm gonna get it, motherfucker!"
Brandon: *nervous laugh* "Alright..."
:D

After their set, Irene & I waited around to talk to the band members. We met BBONZ!, Joe, Taylor, Dan, Brandon R, Brandon M, & Michael. 
Joe, Taylor and Dan were awesome. Dan is my favorite person by far. He was all "I LOVE TEXAS! You walk into a bar, you can buy pizza!" He found Taylor for Irene so she could give him a hug.(: She bought their cd & they signed it. Taylor wrote a "poem" (his words, not mine):

Irene, enjoy the green glowstick.

I bought a pack of four pins from them. Dan & Taylor kept coming to talk to us. That was really cool. 

Brian told us about BNew's new record & that it sounds really good. & he appreciated us seeing him last night & last July.  

Brandon R walked behind me so he could get away from crazy camera lady who was trying to take a picture of him eating and he was talking about how he only takes solo pictures...? 

Brandon M kept disappearing when I tried to talk to him but when we did eventually see him, he... bowed. Sort of. 

Michael was nice but seemed preoccupied- he never really looked directly at me when we were talking. But he posed for two pictures which was nice<3

Joe was the only one who had to stoop down to take a picture with me XD

Cute Mohawk guy walked past us a couple hundred times and kept smiling at us but we never talked to him :(

We left shortly after the fifth band finished up and said bye to Dan & Taylor (more hugs from Dan), yelled bye to Brandon R while he was on the phone (sorry!), interrupted Joe & BBonz talking to some girls, gave BBonz another high five, and told both of them we were leaving.

I can safely say that was the best night of my life.

I'll have pictures up soon(:
July 16th, 2009 at 09:27pm