God loves the Devil... Wears Prada?!?!

07-17-09
mood: amazed.
music: Hey, John, What's Your Name, Again? -- The Devil Wears Prada.

My world was flipped from its axis this mrning at 12:18 a.m. Because, today at 12:18 a.m., The Devil Wears Prada's "Hey, John, What's Your Name, Again?" was on JCTV's hardcore music blender. Now, I'm not amazed that its hardcore. I know what's coming out of my stereo, for Christ's sake. I'm amazed that it was on my Christian music Channel. I had no idea tdwp was a Christian band. Or maybe they're not and just happened to land on the hardcore music blender because they are an awesome hardcore band. Maybe you don't have to be a Christian band to wind of on the hardcore music blender even though the general music blender only has christian artists. After all, I wasn't aware Underoath was a Christian band, either, and that's where I first heard them. You don't have to be christian to be on the christian music channel, right? I don't know. Tdwp just doesn't seam Cristian at all...

On a separate note, I discovered three new bands :
(Well, as always, I've heard of them before just never had a chance to give a listen)
My Heart To Fear
Inhale/Exhale
Disciple.

I'm still not sure if I like Disciple yet but I love i.e and mhtf. I always abbreviate stuff... hehe.

Want to know what I love right now? Guys who wear their guitar practically above their belts. It's so cure. I used to hate it and think people should never let the highest part of their guitar-body go above their buckle but I'm finding the way it looks... cute,as I said before. I don't know... My music preference in general seams to be getting harder. Way more heavy than it used to be. Less emo-pop, more scream-core. Way more screamcore. That's pretty much all I listen to these days. The MCR-life is all but forgotten. No, MCR isn't emo-pop but it sure as hell isn't half as heavy as my deathcore.

You say Gerard Way, I say Oli Sykes, I guess.

Whatever... That's all I have to say right now besides: I LOVE SHAWN MILKE!

xoxo
Mikey
July 17th, 2009 at 08:35pm