~Albus Dumbledore, Remembered [Movie 6 Spoilers]~

I suppose the best place to start is, “at the beginning,” but how can I when there is so much to be said? To be honest, I cannot even begin to imagine what the rest of the world was feeling on July 15, 2009. However, I do know that I was feeling pretty psyched about the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I could not wait to get to the theater and see the film! The film itself was a true gem, and we certainly must thank David Yates for putting together such a brilliant film – but I digress.

I knew, of course, that the wizard we know as Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was going to meet his fateful end. Still, I never dreamed that I would become such a blubbering mess when it finally happened. In fact, I started to cry a bit when Harry had to force Dumbledore to drink Voldemort’s potion during the cave scenes. That part always choked me up in the book, so it makes sense that it would do the same in the film.

How do I say good-bye to someone who has meant so much to me for the past six years? How can I move on when all I want to do is write to J.K. Rowling and tell her what Dumbledore (and Sirius) meant to me? I think if I could do that, I would feel somewhat happier than I do now. I am afraid – afraid of what the future holds. I am worried that my destiny is to mourn Dumbledore for three (or more) years the way I did with Sirius. If that is my destiny, however, who am I to stop it?

Good-bye, Albus…and may you rest in eternal peace.
July 17th, 2009 at 10:56pm