The Unexplained of Let Me Stitch Your Broken Heart

The Olive Garden Explosion:
- Faas ordered Kareltje and Yasmijin to plant a bomb.
- Scott was called to get Carly out.
- Scott was told that Colton had been possessed by a soul from Ceilidh. The only way to save someone from that is to kill them.
- Faas saw Colton as an obstacle to getting Carly into Ceilidh. Also, he was still angry about Tallina’s death.
- Colton saw Carly leaving and he followed, thus saving himself.

Trina (Colton’s mother) to Nashoba (Colton’s father): “We can’t keep disposing of these girls he tells so much to.” (Chapter: Meet the Parents):
- Originally, I was going to go somewhere with this, but the story took a different turn.
- That turn, specifically, was into another realm.

Yasmijin: “Those who are not yet completely turned are the best to eat!” (Chapter: Blood):
- She was being sarcastic.
- Any amount of venom in one’s blood is poison to them.

The natives of Ceilidh don’t have eyes. (Chapters: Blood & The Realm):
- They do have eyes. They just don’t have very good sight.
- Truthfully, I just forgot I wrote that.

Yasmijin and Colton refer to Faas as “the king,” (Chapter: Secrets):
- Faas can’t hear what people/ creatures say outside of his palace.

Tallina is Faas’s niece. (Chapter: Secrets):
- Tallina’s mother was Faas’s sister.
- Both of Tallina’s parents were killed when she was very young. Faas basically adopted her.
- Yasmijin is not technically her sister, but Tallina was adopted by Faas before Yasmijin’s birth, so that’s how Yasmijin has always known her.

The spelling of ‘Yasmijin’:
- When she was first introduced as a character, Yasmijin was spelled ‘Yasmijn.’
- By accident, I later began spelling it ‘Yasmijin.’
- I realized this at some point, so I looked it up and realized having two i’s was wrong.
- I decided it was easier to figure out the pronunciation (yaz-mih-jin) with the second ‘i.’

The spelling of ‘Ceilidh’:
- Originally, I spelled it ‘Ceilidh.’
- Later, I accidentally began spelling it ‘Celildh.’
- I realized my mistake and returned to the original spelling for pronunciation and accuracy reasons.
- I’ve been pronouncing it “kay-lid.” (If anyone knows Dutch and wants to correct me, please do.)

The pronunciation of ‘Kareltje’:
- In truth, I have no idea. This is probably really bad of me as an author.
- I’ve been saying “kuh-rell-tuh-juh.” How amateur of me. Someone correct me.

Colton: “These creatures survive on human blood.” (Chapter: Secrets):
- As you noticed in the final chapters, Colton has a lot to learn about Ceilidh.
- He knew that Faas needed human blood periodically, so he assumed all the creatures needed it to survive.

Yasmijin is handcuffed. (Faas’s Deal):
- Faas has to show Carly how things are going to be and that there will be no exceptions. Ha ha, Faas, ha ha.

Faas sends Kareltje to use Colton to fix the realm-time continuum. (Chapter: Faas’s Deal):
- It would take awhile after Kareltje used Colton for the effects to be visible. That’s why Faas tells Colton that it’s fixed right before they leave Ceilidh.

Why are some of these things not explained in the story?
- Deleted scenes.
- Forgetfulness.

What major things would I change if I rewrote this story?
- I would take out the Olive Garden scene.
- There are probably some other things, but that’s the biggest thing that pops up in my mind.
July 20th, 2009 at 08:49pm