My "car-crashing" experience

So, last Saturday July 18th we were going on a road trip. It was 4 AM and dark. My parents had an argument before the trip and this is when I started to feel something. We got into the car and the adventure started. My dad was driving, my mom sitting next to him and me and my brother were in the back.

I kept falling asleep and waking up to watch the road. I felt that something bad was gonna happen. It was making me nervous... I just said that 'just because I feel something bad doesn't mean something bad is actually gonna happen'. Everytime I saw large trucks, I started shaking. So, I fell asleep again.

I woke up, watching the road. Suddenly, the car started going too fast. I saw that triangular road sign on a U-turn pavement. I've always thought that it was scary and I found the car heading towards it and that's when it happened!

My life flashed before my eyes... I could hear the crash of the car, I could feel the car turning upside down and I could feel my head hitting something.

"Mom! Mom, what's going on?" I said.

"Don't worry kids, we're okay!!" she yelled.

My poor little brother was screaming "Get us out!"

Then a group of men helped us out. I kept looking around as I started shivering with fear. We sat on the pavement we crashed into. The car was a piece of old junk. I knew we lost everything but not ourselves. All I found was my bag. I grabbed it quickly and held it close.
My brother and mother sat next to me. My mom's face was covered in blood, so was her clothes and mine... and all of our clothes. I gasped at the sight of my mom. She was the only one with severe injuries. The men calmed us down and unexpected ambulance cars arrived. They were actually on their way to another accident but since they found us, they sent the other accident another ambulance.

My mom was transported to the nearest hospital in an ambulance. And we were with her. My dad stayed to see the car and call someone to take it and he was going to be transported in another ambulance. As we were in the ambulance car, my mom gave me her cellphone (since I lost mine in the car but then I found it later) and told me to call my aunt and tell her what happened. My aunt started crying but the man took the cellphone, gave her details about where we're going.

When they arrived, they took us to a better hospital... My mom went to the intensive care. I started crying when they didn't allow me to go in and see my mom. We went to my cousins' house and that's where we're staying right now. My mom is now home (so am I right now). I get to visit her everyday. Of course, I can't stay at my own home since my mom needs peace and quiet. My brother and my cousins are not a sign of peace and quiet. If I were the only one to stay, that would have been fine but when my dad goes back to work, I'll be in charge of taking care of my mom.

There has been valuable lessons I learned from this crashing incident:

1. Always wear your seatbelt in the car. It's very useful. That's why my dad didn't get as much severe injuries as my mom who didn't wear the seatbelt.
2. When u think of road tripping, u have to be in a good mood and u have to be wide awake.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My mom has a 99% that she might do a surgery... Her nose was broken and her eyes got swollen. I only had a bump on my head. my brother was okay and my dad had the same as Mom but less severe.

I thank God we're still alive and well. :)
Because we could have been R.I.P by now...
July 21st, 2009 at 07:48pm