What was the book that got you hooked on reading? [Plus another question]

The first chaptered book I read was the American Girl books, usually the Molly ones. Then in third grade I read Sorcerer’s Stone and then I loved reading. I would have the Harry Potter books in school and I would read under my desk when I wasn’t supposed to. I don’t think the teachers ever caught me; it was usually the people who sat around me that told me to put the book away.

I got Goblet of Fire as a present after I got some teeth taken out. It was hardcover and I stupidly threw the cover away, I really regret doing that. My dad tried to stop me from bringing the book to school since it would be too heavy but in the end I was allowed to bring it. My mom also made me give up reading Harry Potter for a month because it was all I ever read.

I think reading Harry Potter at a young age was good because they were bigger books so I was used to reading them. I’m so glad I read the books. So what was the book that got you hooked on reading?

This morning I was thinking about something while watching Gilmore Girls. It was cool out this morning since today was a rainy day so I brought my Harry Potter comforter downstairs with me. I’ve had that comforter for years, it’s faded and worn.

So what I was thinking about was, when I eventually move out be it for either college, I get an apartment, or whatever, I’m definitely bringing my Harry Potter comforter with me. I’m going to keep that blanket with me for as long as I can. When I get married I’m still going to have that blanket, I’ll make sure of that. So the second question of this journal is, what is something that you always want to have even if it seems childish or it’s close to its breaking point? Yes an odd question but I’m curious.
July 22nd, 2009 at 02:19am