excuse me. i have a problem with you.

hey guys. it's been a long time since I posted a journal. I'm really not part of this community anymore. I still go around, search a few usernames, browse through threads and journals.

I posted this as a confession last night, but I think more people need to see.

people are generally horrible. honestly. I just poststalked a few names and literally, half of them had only insulting or demeaning things to say about one person in particular. that's just ridiculous. no one deserves to be treated in such a way. people should be ashamed of themselves, saying they're openminded and accepting, then turning around and saying things like that about people.

it doesn't apply only to this one person either. it's everything. people are so concerned with the business of others. it sickens me. some people try way too fucking hard to be controversial, especially here. they defend their own beliefs by attacking everyone else's, thinking that's how respect is earned. newsflash: being a bitch and demeaning everyone around you is not respect. it's... being a terrible example of humanity. It reminds me of my dad, who says the only way to gain respect is through fear, and he's the biggest asshole I know. That kind of thinking is what communism is made of, and lol, before you jump down my throat, I'm not accusing anyone of being a communist. I'm just saying. If you think communism is bad, you might want to step back and observe how you've been earning your "respect."

I don't know if people realize how terrible they're being. Very few people on this website are openminded and accepting at all. being truly openminded means accepting and considering the opinions, beliefs and feelings of others, even if they're conflicting with personal affects. everyone reacts differently to things, which makes sense, considering no two people are exactly, or even remotely, alike. Yet everyone seems to think the feelings or thoughts of others mean less because they may be different.

Isn't that what everyone bitches about? Not being accepted, being judged for stupid things, looked down on. "Labels are for soup cans and stereotypes suck." I have never seen so much hypocrisy as I do on this website. I frequently stalk and comment the journals, through the confessions pages, threads in general, and there is an unimaginable amount of hate circulating. It doesn't make sense.

This may only be a website, but it's full of real people with real emotions who react realistically. Sitting in front of a computer screen doesn't blunt harsh words. people who already think they're openinded need to learn how to really be openminded. you'd think in a physical world so full of hate, people might take extra steps in the virtual world to be slightly less horrible, especially since the effort involved in that would be minimal. The very fact that there's so much monstrosity going on is an insult to mankind.

The other day I saw someone comment a journal, saying that this website is compromised most greatly of teenage girls, and for that reason, it's going to get petty, and immature, and hurtful things are going to be said. That's epic bull. A teenage girl is just as capable of being a civilized human being than an adult is. saying that all of the cruelty that goes on here is excusable because oh, they're just little twelve-year-olds, is a horrible thing to do, not to mention stereotyping and demeaning, both of which I've already discussed in this journal.

Obviously, not everyone is like this. For every cruel jerk there's someone sweet and kind, willing to send out extra love if it's needed. But that still leaves half of the population as insensitive, self-aggrandizing people, which is a half too much. I don't expect anyone to change. People are naturally stubborn mules and will never accept someone else as right, but maybe, just maybe, you'll take this journal into consideration next time you start typing up a novel about how someone is a pathetic inchworm. I believe people can change though. I have faith. Not in god, I don't believe in god, but in humanity. People can change themselves if they so truly wish to. Think about it.

and for the record, this is directed at no one in particular. I mentioned no names and no direct circumstances. who knows what I'm talking about.
July 23rd, 2009 at 07:01pm